[comp.sys.amiga.games] Gods

macauslandr@watt.ccs.tuns.ca (04/28/91)

I just downloaded the Gods demo from ab20 and I must say I was
extremely impressed.  The game is simply amazing!!  What
other games have The Bitmap Brothers done besides Gods and
Xenon I & II?  Anyway, Gods is certainly a must buy and
buy it I will (as soon as I get my income tax cheque back :-)

RM

pas7@po.CWRU.Edu (Peter A. Simmelink) (04/28/91)

Ok, just got the gods demos in lzh format.  Couldn't get
it going, but just did, yea! looks good.  Anyway since I
am a new amiga user, how do you know when to use "install"
??
and what does install do to a disk other than make it bootable.
??
And how does it know what file to load first?
anyway looks like a neat demo.
and if anyone can give me a few tips thanks.

Pete.

--
        ///    ///  ///  //////  ///////    ///
      // //   // // //    //    //        // //

cpmwc@marlin.jcu.edu.au (Matthew W Crowd) (04/29/91)

In article <1991Apr27.200410.1@watt.ccs.tuns.ca> macauslandr@watt.ccs.tuns.ca writes:
>I just downloaded the Gods demo from ab20 and I must say I was
>extremely impressed.  The game is simply amazing!!  What
>other games have The Bitmap Brothers done besides Gods and
>Xenon I & II?  Anyway, Gods is certainly a must buy and
>buy it I will (as soon as I get my income tax cheque back :-)
>
>RM

Anyone had problems running the game-demo? It wont run on my 2000 with
1Meg chip 2meg fast and hard drive.....

Starts the decompression routine and keeps looping!!!

help.......

matt.

witte@gn.ecn.purdue.edu (Gerhard (Master of All Things Orange) Witte) (04/29/91)

In article <1991Apr29.012213.29242@marlin.jcu.edu.au> cpmwc@marlin.jcu.edu.au (Matthew W Crowd) writes:
>In article <1991Apr27.200410.1@watt.ccs.tuns.ca> macauslandr@watt.ccs.tuns.ca writes:
>>I just downloaded the Gods demo from ab20 and I must say I was
>>extremely impressed.  The game is simply amazing!!  What
>>other games have The Bitmap Brothers done besides Gods and
>>Xenon I & II?  Anyway, Gods is certainly a must buy and
>>buy it I will (as soon as I get my income tax cheque back :-)
>>
>>RM
>
>Anyone had problems running the game-demo? It wont run on my 2000 with
>1Meg chip 2meg fast and hard drive.....
>
>Starts the decompression routine and keeps looping!!!
>
>help.......
>
>matt.

I have the same config as you do and it did something similar.  I solved the
problem by coping all the files to floppy (it has to be run from floppy),
rebooting to the (bootable) floppy and typing 'gods' or putting it in the
startup-sequence.  It's also nicer if you have a program like menuboot by
John Davis (pd, requires the fatter agnus to engage pal mode) and run it in pal
mode.
Great demo...   I also recommend looking around for the Bootmenu program (sorry
I just realized i made a typo above) though I'm afraid I don't remember where I
picked it up anymore.....

Hope this helps!

--
(O)X(O)X(O)X(O)X(O)X(O)X(O)X(O)X(O)X(O)X(O)X(O)X(O)X(O)X(O)X(O)X(O)X(O)X(O)
(O) Eggs for Breakfast: (O)                                             (O)

set@phobos.cis.ksu.edu (Steve E Tietze ) (04/30/91)

I played gods!!! Its great.!!  Is it out commercially?  where can I get it
One question is how do you pick up the key?  I pick it up but it always
drops down.????

Steve Tietze

set@phobos.cis.ksu.edu

jamie@heavy.enet.dec.com (04/30/91)

You pick stuff up by crouching over the object (joystick down) and
pressing fire to bring up an inventory window. The green highlighted box
indicates what object you wish to drop. Anything you're crouching over
automatically gets included in the inventory list. You can only carry
three items at once.

Cheers,

				Jamie.

tinny@madnix.UUCP (Philip Varner) (05/01/91)

   Umm... I have the gods demo and I cant see ANYTHING thats worth saying "This game is AWESOME" or "Im buying it when it comes out!!", etc, etc.. Id call myself a game junkie.. Did I miss something? I mean, yeah, nice GFX, but the way you control

set@phobos.cis.ksu.edu (Steve E Tietze ) (05/27/91)

I've been playing gods for about 2 days straight now and I can get all the
way to the room with the huge giant with the armor on that shoots fireballs.
What do you need to get past him?  I can't seem to make a dent in his armor
his life potion doesn't go down??? help

Please Email me

<->   AMIGA MAN!    ***Kansas State University***   Steve Tietze        <->
<->                 Email set@phobos.cis.ksu.edu  Phone 913-539-9101    <->
<-><-><-><-><-><-><->And Justice for All ... Metallica<-><-><-><-><-><-><->