[comp.sys.amiga.games] Monkey Island Help

davemad@pnet01.cts.com (Dave Madsen) (05/26/91)

Help, I'm stuck on Monkey Island.  I've opened up the dam and retrieved
the oars for the boat.  I've paddled around the island and made contact
with the cannibals.  However, I don't have anything that the cannibals
want, and I can't figure out how to get the bananna picker out of the
hut the cannibals lock me up in.  Can anyone give me a little hint? ;)
Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------+------------------------+
UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!davemad + Dave R. Madsen         +
ARPA: crash!pnet01!davemad@nosc.mil                  + Computer Science Major +
INET: davemad@pnet01.cts.com                         + Iowa State University  +
-----------------------------------------------------+------------------------+

educate@vger.nsu.edu (05/27/91)

In article <1991May25.225605.4882@crash.cts.com>, davemad@pnet01.cts.com (Dave Madsen) writes:
> Help, I'm stuck on Monkey Island.  I've opened up the dam and retrieved
> the oars for the boat.  I've paddled around the island and made contact
> with the cannibals.  However, I don't have anything that the cannibals
> want, and I can't figure out how to get the bananna picker out of the
> hut the cannibals lock me up in.  Can anyone give me a little hint? ;)
> Thanks!

   The same is true for me.  I am stuck trying to get into the giant Monkey
Head.  I know I have to have the Monkey Head key, which supposedly looks
like a giant Q-tip.  Where can I find such a thing?  I have been back
over all the places on the island, but no luck.  I think this is the last
thing I need to do before going to look for LeChuck.

BTW, I haven't found out what to give the cannibals either, but I suspect
they may want a skull.  My cheat sheet says offer them the Navigation
Leaflet (How to get a Head) but so far they refuse it.

Where do I find the key to the Monkey Head?

(I had a key onboard the Sea Monkey; was I supposed to hang onto it somehow?)

Jean

educate@vger.nsu.edu (05/27/91)

In article <1022.28402b82@vger.nsu.edu>, educate@vger.nsu.edu writes:
> In article <1991May25.225605.4882@crash.cts.com>, davemad@pnet01.cts.com (Dave Madsen) writes:
>> Help, I'm stuck on Monkey Island.  I've opened up the dam and retrieved
>> the oars for the boat.  I've paddled around the island and made contact
>> with the cannibals.  However, I don't have anything that the cannibals
>> want, and I can't figure out how to get the bananna picker out of the
>> hut the cannibals lock me up in.  Can anyone give me a little hint? ;)
>> Thanks!

 BREAKING INTO MY OWN POST.....

>    The same is true for me.  I am stuck trying to get into the giant Monkey
> Head.  I know I have to have the Monkey Head key, which supposedly looks
> like a giant Q-tip.  Where can I find such a thing?  I have been back
> over all the places on the island, but no luck.  I think this is the last
> thing I need to do before going to look for LeChuck.
>
> BTW, I haven't found out what to give the cannibals either, but I suspect
> they may want a skull.  My cheat sheet says offer them the Navigation
> Leaflet (How to get a Head) but so far they refuse it.
>
> Where do I find the key to the Monkey Head?
>
> (I had a key onboard the Sea Monkey; was I supposed to hang onto it somehow?)
>
> Jean

           I just finished the game......whew!  Thanks for all the hints,
folks.  I couldna done it with out help.

(Nor could I have finished it without this wonderful 4-day weekend here.)

Jean

e90mli@rigel.efd.lth.se (05/27/91)

A hint on what to give the cannibals:

Have you helped the hungry monkey?