[comp.sys.amiga.games] Help runing Artura on a 3000 & Eye of the Beholder

manjit@digigw.digital.co.jp (Manjit Bedi) (05/15/91)

I recently picked up an issue of Zero magazine and on the cover disk
was a game called Artura.  I have not been able to run the game on my
3000.  Nowhere in the magazine did I see it indicate what systems will
it run on.   Is it possible to run the game on a 3000 in any way?  I
would not be too surprised if it does not.  I do not know offhand
the vesrion of kickstart that I am running, I got my 3000 last
December.

Does anyone know when Eye of the Beholder by SSI will be released? Is it
an honest to goodness amiga game or a port of the IBM version.  Does
anyone have any version of it and likes it?  Will it run on a 3000 and is
HD installable?  I say they would which claimed it was a new dimension in
RPG or something like that.

port@camcom.sta.sub.org (Stefan Schultze) (05/16/91)

In article <726@digigw.digital.co.jp> manjit@digigw.digital.co.jp (Manjit Bedi) writes:
>Does anyone know when Eye of the Beholder by SSI will be released? Is it
>an honest to goodness amiga game or a port of the IBM version.  Does
>anyone have any version of it and likes it?  Will it run on a 3000 and is
>HD installable?  I say they would which claimed it was a new dimension in
>RPG or something like that.

Well, as mentioned by the sales office of EA a few days ago, they say it
will be released in a few weeks :(   (Probably mid-June)
It's HD installable on the IBM.  I bought the IBM version of this game for
a friend of mine and he was rather happy with it. I haven't seen it on the
IBM, yet. It should be like DUNGEONMASTER, but more expended. You know,
things like NPC's, who can join your group, etc.

Stefan

--
+=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+
H (')   (')  Stefan Schultze     USENET: port@camcom.sta.sub.org      H

Chris_Nappi@a68k.UUCP (Chris Nappi) (05/22/91)

I just picked up EOB yesterday and am VERY pleased with it, it is QUITE
similar to Dungeon Master but better done, and more AD&D like. the Graphics
are wonder, as to whether it was written on an AMiga, I can't really tell,
the music is very good, to good for an IBM, the GFX however may have been
copied over.
Chris Nappi

hotline@dorsai.com (Anthony Palestrini) (05/24/91)

Eye of the Beholder is out on the amiga, Its a true Amiga game.
Up to amiga standards, and very good. I've played it on an IBM VGA 386,
and the amiga blows it away! Its a must get, if you do get it and need
hints let me know, i've gotten far (9th level as of yet).

m0030@tnc.UUCP (FRANK MCPHERSON) (05/27/91)

It DOES look like an excellent game; I just purchased it earlier
today.  However, I couldn't tell you for sure if it's an excellent
game, since it keeps crashing on me during the character generation
stages.  I've an Amiga 3000, and tried to run Eye of the Beholder
under both 2.0 and 1.3.  I even tried turning off my instruction and
data caches, but it didn't do any good.  If anyone has any tips to
help me get this running, please send them to
"emcphers@manu.cs.vt.edu".

Thanks!