[comp.sys.amiga.games] Harpoon under 2.0 on 3000

hamilton@intersil.uucp (05/27/91)

Has anybody besides me had trouble running Harpoon under 2.0 on a 3000?  It's
_almost_ all there, but several gadgets and strips of text are literally
invisible under 2.0, although they show up fine under 1.3.  Any ideas?
--
Fred Hamilton                          "Unlike most of you,
Harris Semiconductor                    I am not a nut..."

orovner@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (Oleg Rovner) (05/28/91)

In article <266.28400518@intersil.uucp> hamilton@intersil.uucp writes:

>Has anybody besides me had trouble running Harpoon under 2.0 on a 3000?  It's
>_almost_ all there, but several gadgets and strips of text are literally
>invisible under 2.0, although they show up fine under 1.3.  Any ideas?
>--
>Fred Hamilton                          "Unlike most of you,
>Harris Semiconductor                    I am not a nut..."
>Santa Clara, CA                                            -Homer Simpson

That is a known bug with Harpoon. I believesomeone from Commodore
wrote it up for a list of bugs that was being sent to Three-Sixty
was told that they are getting ready to release an update although
they would not say when, just asked me for my name so that they
could
send me the upgrade....
 OR

--
"One man's 'harsh and bitter truth' is another man's 'foolish and uninformed
fiction'" -d.haynie

caw@miroc.Chi.IL.US (Christopher A. Wichura) (05/28/91)

In article <266.28400518@intersil.uucp> hamilton@intersil.uucp writes:

>Has anybody besides me had trouble running Harpoon under 2.0 on a 3000?  It's
>_almost_ all there, but several gadgets and strips of text are literally
>invisible under 2.0, although they show up fine under 1.3.  Any ideas?

As has been mentioned in the past (a couple months ago, I believe), the game
will NOT run under 2.0.  The missing text is the least of their problems.  I
saw a post that one of the CBM guys has looked into the game and found they
did a LockLayers() and never unlocked it.  Under 1.3 this worked, but under
2.0 this will deadlock when one of the requester windows comes up.

I have sent mail to Three-Sixty a couple times at their CompuServe address.
The response I got was that they have already fixed the 2.0 compatibility
problems, but that they are waiting to add some of the missing features from
the IBM version before releasing the update.  This, too, was a couple of
months ago.  From time to time I send them a note asking about how long it
will be and always get the same dumb response ("If you sent in your
registration card you will be notified when it is available."  Then I asked
them if they could check that they actually received my card and got no
reply...).

Personally, I'd rather have the 2.0 compatible version NOW and have to
upgrade again for the other stuff than have to wait forever.  These guys
don't seem real Amiga oriented, if you catch my drift...

-=> CAW

Christopher A. Wichura                Multitasking.  Just DO it.
caw@miroc.chi.il.us  (my amiga)                          ...the Amiga way...
u12401@uicvm.uic.edu (school account)