[comp.sys.amiga.games] Immortal Help needed

kgs@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Kok G Sang) (10/14/90)

Immortal is an incredibly addictive game.  I picked it up this weekend and
since then I have been playing with it for over 4 hours. The puzzles are
puzzling indeed (not that I'm good at puzzles), and I'm presently stuck on
level 2 in the room with 3 inscribed circles on the floor. Can anyone tell
me how I should go about placing the 3 gems on the floor? I don't understand
the goblin king's instructions fully and *any* help on this level would be
greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

-Kok

amhartma@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Andy Hartman - AmigaMan) (11/08/90)

My roommate and I have almost finished the Immortal.  We're on level 8
battling the dragon.  We can last 6 breaths by the dragon but we can't seem
to do anything.

We think the puzzle lies with the amulet, but what do we do?  We've got
everything allowed on the level (spells, etc.).

Spoilers accepted, but a nudge in the right direction would be better.

Thanks,
AMH

* Andy Hartman       | I'd deny half of this crap anyway!| "Somedays, you just
* Indiana University |   amhartma@silver.ucs.indiana.edu |  can't get rid of a
*    //	 Amiga Man   |   AMHARTMA@rose.ucs.indiana.edu   |  bomb!"
*  \X/	 At Large!   |        or just "Hey putz!"        | - Batman (original)

lyons@ssdvx2.mdcbbs.com (03/07/91)

On the fifth level, I can't open the door in the room with the flying dragons.
Did I fail to find the key on a previous level or is that too obvious?

-Glenn

e90mli@rigel.efd.lth.se (05/27/91)

Is it really nobody who has completed level 3 ?
I must have overlooked something at the end of the level.
I have some smokebombs that i have no idea how to useq.
There is a gem and the bait that i have not used either.
Please drop a reply if you know what to do.

Marcus Lindberg, w3Sweden

maquelin@tik.ethz.ch (Olivier Maquelin) (05/28/91)

In article <1991May27.084831.23931@lth.se> e90mli@rigel.efd.lth.se writes:
>Is it really nobody who has completed level 3 ?
>I must have overlooked something at the end of the level.
>I have some smokebombs that i have no idea how to useq.
>There is a gem and the bait that i have not used either.
>Please drop a reply if you know what to do.
>
>Marcus Lindberg, w3Sweden

The smoke bombs are not absolutely necessary, but they make it much easier
to get past the trolls. The smoke produced by the bombs paralyzes the trolls
breathing it for a short moment. Timing is important however, because the
smoke dissipates quickly and won't affect a troll that has already started
to attack you.

You need the gem to activate the magical flame that teleports you to the
exit of the level (the working of the teleporter depends on the color of
the flame). The bait is needed for the completion of level 5. Dropping it
(on any other level) does have an interesting (gruesome?) side effect
though.

Now for some questions of my own: How do I get past the norlac (water
monster) on level 7? Also, in the final level (I have the codes for all
levels), I am able to resist the dragon's breath for a while with the
blink spells and an other spell that lasts for 3 seconds, but the stone
statue spell does not seem to be effective enough and I end up fried.

Any help greatly appreciated,

Olivier