[comp.sys.amiga.games] Lemmings - Mayhem 6

a481@mindlink.bc.ca (J.D. Frazer) (05/23/91)

IS there in fact a way to get past this level?? HOW? At this point I'm so
frustrated I would graciously accept the code for Mayhem 7...

Thanks for your help. I really think I'm starting to hate this game :)

--
    J.D._Frazer@mindlink.UUCP    (Vancouver, B.C., Canada)

    Comfortably Numb - The Preferred State of Consciousness

mmoore@ux.acs.umn.edu (Malcolm Diallo Moore) (05/25/91)

In article <5982@mindlink.bc.ca> a481@mindlink.bc.ca (J.D. Frazer) writes:
>IS there in fact a way to get past this level?? HOW? At this point I'm so
>frustrated I would graciously accept the code for Mayhem 7...
>
>Thanks for your help. I really think I'm starting to hate this game :)
>
>--
>    J.D._Frazer@mindlink.UUCP    (Vancouver, B.C., Canada)
>
>    Comfortably Numb - The Preferred State of Consciousness

Let me just dis right quick:  Level 96 (Mayhem 6) is TOO easy, if you really
sit down and think about it.

What you have to do is, you have to let them walk left and as soon as the first one hits the pit, make him start building.  Just let the others collect in the
pit while the dude is building, and when he gets to the first step to the right
let him turn around and start him building again.

Now, to make the first lemming a loner, make another lemming dig through the
bridge that the first one made, and that will make all the other fellas
just lounge in that little pit while the first lemming finishes his work.

Once he gets to the top of the second step, let him walk and fall onto that
little mound, and I'm not sure, but I think you have to let him reach the peak
of the mound, make him dig Straight Down, then make him Mine, then make him
Build, he'll hit his head and give up, and walk the other way, when he reaches
the bottom of the shaft he dug, make him Mine again, once he digs through that
make him Build across that gap, and he should be home free.  Then make one of
the fellas in that little pit a builder (MAKE SURE HE IS BUILDING TO THE RIGHT)
and all the other fellas should truck on throo.

You know, I wanna say that I hear a lot of people cryin about how Lemmings
is nothing but a bang-your-head game and that it's weak because you can figure
out the puzzle in 30 seconds but it takes dayz to complete it because you did
not do something right.  Well, what game isn't like that?  In Dungeon Master
you die because you pushed the wrong button or flipped the wrong switch.  IN
Super Mario Brothers you die because you couldn't get a super jump...i.e, YOU
f*cked up.  SO I really think you all need to get a life and quit blaming the
game because you can't get through a level.  It's not the game's fault, really.
And I know I'm gonna get much flames for this, but I don't care.  Lemmings
is really a good game, if it was weak, then why is everybody buying it and
asking questions about it?

Me, I'm waiting for a second Lemmings installment (Lemmings in New York :-) but
this time I want the little motherf*ckers to be able to swim.

Straight Jackin,

Malcolm "The Capital MD" Moore
----------Amiga: The One and Only.  All the Rest Can Get the Bozack.-----------
"I ain't never got gaffled like that, I used to do the gaffilin'--
McDonald's was my spot."
"Man, what you used to do??"
"Jack them motherfuckers for them Nissan Trucks.  Right in the drive thru."

set@phobos.cis.ksu.edu (Steve E Tietze ) (05/25/91)

I just bought my copy of Gods and it seems not to work :(
when It boots up It goes to the screen where it says something about the pass-
words and disk 2 then i
press the mouse button and the screen goes blank and does nothing??
whats wrong??  What is it supposed to do??

Please Email me

<-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->
<->   AMIGA MAN!    ***Kansas State University***   Steve Tietze        <->
<->                 Email set@phobos.cis.ksu.edu  Phone 913-539-9101    <->
<-><-><-><-><-><-><->And Justice for All ... Metallica<-><-><-><-><-><-><->

nick@robin.inmos.co.uk (Nick Haydock) (05/28/91)

In article <5982@mindlink.bc.ca> a481@mindlink.bc.ca (J.D. Frazer) writes:
>IS there in fact a way to get past this level?? HOW? At this point I'm so
>frustrated I would graciously accept the code for Mayhem 7...
>
>Thanks for your help. I really think I'm starting to hate this game :)

	In order to do level 6 mayhem of Lemmings do the following

	1/ Going right let the first one start building a little
	   before the pit.

	2/ Let 2nd, 3rd, 4th go over builders work and fall in pit

	3/ 5th one digs through bridge over the level ground, not
	   pover the pit, this should be borne in mind for where to start 1.

	4/ Our first builder rebounds off the stalactite or stalagmite
	   or whatever and starts walking left, everyone else proceeds
	   to walk in pit and mill around for a while.

	5/ In pit get someone to build first of two bridges going left
	   the second will be build much later when we want everyone
	   to get out.

	6/ Get our walker to build over the little gap.

	7/ Get our walker to build three times out over the edge,
	   almost to the wall, then dig down through his own bridge,
	   if he was near enough to the wall he wont die when he falls.

	8/ going right now build twice to go over the top of the one
	   way mound

	9/ Build three bridges over the big gap and go home.

	10/ As soon as we start the first of the three bridges in
	    (9), start someone in the pit making a second bridge.

	11/ When the mob get to the bridge over the little gap
	    get the first one to dig through it.

	12/ Sit back and watch as everyone falls onto the big bridge,
	    walks and bounces off the one way mound and marches home
 	    to the exit with seconds to spare.

					Nick.

" Now look, I speak 34 languages fluently,
  gibberish isn't one of them.             " - D.Mouse