[comp.sys.amiga.games] BUCK ROGERS-what do I do?

scavanag@gara.une.oz.au (LIGHTCHILD) (05/27/91)

in buck rogers:countdown to doomsday I am in the prison and can't get
past the security weapons system. Whenever I try to reprogram it I just
keep getting robots. I've gone through about 20 in a row and still can't
get the thing to reprogram. Do I need my party to have higher bypass
security points? has my disk screwed up?

*  STEVEN CAVANAGH            |  DISCLAIMER:my opinions may not necessarily *
*    (LIGHTCHILD)             |  be those of the Alaskan Ladies Auxiliary    *
* scavanag@gara.une.oz.au     |                                              *

mnfriedr@immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (M. Friedrich) (05/27/91)

scavanag@gara.une.oz.au (LIGHTCHILD) writes:

>in buck rogers:countdown to doomsday I am in the prison and can't get
>past the security weapons system. Whenever I try to reprogram it I just
>keep getting robots. I've gone through about 20 in a row and still can't
>get the thing to reprogram. Do I need my party to have higher bypass
>security points? has my disk screwed up?

I think you mean the prison on Thule? The only chance to bypass the security
weaponry is to reprogram it. You need programming skills. If you cannot
get it reprogrammed, abandon the prison, you don't need it to solve the game.
I walked through the prison only when I played the game the second time.

-Efchen
---
   /~\   |  Martin Friedrich       IRC/FN/BITNET: Efchen
  C oo   |  Postfach 1602     NightFall: Sir Efchen, Knight of Elvendar
  _( ^)  |  8520 Erlangen
   ~\    |  GERMANY        InterNet:mnfriedr@informatik.uni-erlangen.de
 Tie two birds together. Though they have four wings, they cannot fly.
                                                    - The silent Flute

simon@ivem1.uucp (Simon) (05/29/91)

In article <1991May27.092207.26826@informatik.uni-erlangen.de> mnfriedr@immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (M. Friedrich) writes:
>scavanag@gara.une.oz.au (LIGHTCHILD) writes:
>
>>in buck rogers:countdown to doomsday I am in the prison and can't get
>>past the security weapons system. Whenever I try to reprogram it I just
>>keep getting robots. I've gone through about 20 in a row and still can't
>>get the thing to reprogram. Do I need my party to have higher bypass
>>security points? has my disk screwed up?
>
>I think you mean the prison on Thule? The only chance to bypass the security
>weaponry is to reprogram it. You need programming skills. If you cannot
>get it reprogrammed, abandon the prison, you don't need it to solve the game.
>I walked through the prison only when I played the game the second time.

My roommate finished the prison, I don't remember what happens, but
basically, the only way he cleared it was to fight pirate ships, and
get a whole bunch of rocket launchers and plasma rifles.  Then he
went in with high stat players, and just killed everything in sight.

-Simon

--
*   Simon Lee                   *   Southwestern Regional Resource for  *
*   simon@ivem1.ucsd.edu        *   Intermediate Voltage                *