[comp.sys.amiga.games] Indy 500 on Amiga3000 25/100

usatoday@daimi.aau.dk (Peter Dalsgaard) (05/27/91)

Hi Amiga freaks !!

  How can I get Indy 500 to run on a 3000 ??

  Do you know any other vectorgraphic-based games that
  run on the 3000 besides Armourgeddon and Interceptor ??

Please answer via e-mail

Thanks in advance

--
   *** Peter Dalsgaard               ***
   *** usatoday@daimi.aau.dk         ***

sbeagle@kennels.actrix.gen.nz (Sleeping Beagle) (05/28/91)

usatoday@daimi.aau.dk (Peter Dalsgaard) writes:

>   How can I get Indy 500 to run on a 3000 ??

Well, I just put the disk in and reset the computer. It works every
time.

To be honest, it works really well - the speed is excellent!

>   Do you know any other vectorgraphic-based games that
>   run on the 3000 besides Armourgeddon and Interceptor ??

Hard Driving is a laugh - it works on the A3000, but far too fast!

   Sleeping Beagle (aka Thomas Farmer)  sbeagle@kennels.actrix.gen.nz
   Ph. +64-4-796306 (voice)      "You ain't nothin' but a Hound Dog."
       With this much posting, I must be a Post, Post Modern Man.

In article <JeXN31w164w@kennels.actrix.gen.nz> sbeagle@kennels.actrix.gen.nz (Sleeping Beagle) writes:
>>   How can I get Indy 500 to run on a 3000 ??
>
>Well, I just put the disk in and reset the computer. It works every
>time.
>
>To be honest, it works really well - the speed is excellent!

	There were some developer beta versions where Indy 500 didn't work.
I'm fairly sure it worked under 2.02 and 2.03, and it will work fine under
the public release of 2.04.

	It's _incredibly_ smooth on a 16Mhz A3000 with all detail.  It has
just a little noticable jerkyness on an A2500 (14Mhz '020) with all detail.
At medium detail, it's perfectly smooth.

--
Randell Jesup, Jack-of-quite-a-few-trades, Commodore Engineering.
Disclaimer: Nothing I say is anything other than my personal opinion.