[comp.sys.amiga.games] What to do with defect game?

tromp@cwi.nl (John Tromp) (05/29/91)

gt7230b@prism.gatech.edu (gt7230b gt7230b HALMAN,O'LESTER HARVEY III) writes:

>My favorite shoot-em-up of all time on the Amiga is _Battle Squadron_.
>I got it for $10 at Electronics Boutique and have also seen it for the
>same price in Software Etc.  I also have _Awesome_ which I paid about $40
>for and is OK but doesn't compare IMO with _Battle Squadron_.

When I was in New York a couple of weeks ago, I went to this
Leigh Computers shop (something like that) and saw an Innerprise 3 pack
(Sword of Sodan, BS, Turrican) for 40$. I got just the last 2 for 30$,
as I find the first somewhat lacking in playability.
On returning to Holland, however, I found that BS just dies during booting
(the screen changes color about 10 times and then remains black).
I don't feel much like flying back to get a good disk, so I was wondering
what policy Innerprice has on bad disks. Should I just send them the disk
or the whole box? Will they refund my shipping costs?
I would appreciate any information on this.

>Would another _Battle Squadron_ lover out there who knows other good
>shoot-em-up titles let me know what they are?  I've heard _Silkworm_ is
>good.  I'm really interested, though, to hear from others who feel as I
>do, that Battle Squadron is incredible.  I love the action and the fact
>that two players can play at the same time.

I have seen the follow-up of SilkWorm, called SWIV (Silk Worm IV),
and in one word it's incredible. I've never seen so much stuff flying
over the screen at once. Also the possibility of two player action,
one with the chopper and the other with an attack vehicle, looked very
exciting.

John Tromp (tromp@cwi.nl)