[comp.sys.amiga.games] "gods" the game

"luc theriault" <luc.theriault@canrem.uucp> (06/06/91)

I recently purchased "GODS" from Renegade.  For the most part it seems
to work fine except for one detail: the "Extra Lives" token.  Whenever
I collect one, no extra life is registered.  The other tokens seem to
have the proper effect.  I do get an extra life when my scores
reaches 50,000 and 100,000 points (these are probably the "landmark"
scores refered to in the manual).

I returned to the store where I purchased the game and tried it on one
of their systems, same problem.  We then took another copy of the game
off the shelf and tried it, didn't work either.

I have an Amiga 2000, 1 meg Agnus (NTSC), 2 drives, Nexus hard
drive/memory expansion (3 megs RAM total).  I tried running the game
with Palboot, killing the expansion ram, etc., the problem remains.

Has anybody else experienced this problem? Is there some fundamental bit
of information I've missed?  Is there a fix? ... help!!!

Any help is greatly appreciated.
--
Canada Remote Systems.  Toronto, Ontario
NorthAmeriNet Host

gfm@pogo.gnu.ai.mit.edu (George McBay) (06/07/91)

In article <1991Jun5.1487.5258@canrem.uucp> "luc theriault" <luc.theriault@canrem.uucp> writes:
>I recently purchased "GODS" from Renegade.  For the most part it seems
>to work fine except for one detail: the "Extra Lives" token.  Whenever
>I collect one, no extra life is registered.  The other tokens seem to
>have the proper effect.  I do get an extra life when my scores
>reaches 50,000 and 100,000 points (these are probably the "landmark"
>scores refered to in the manual).

Sorry if this was answered, I am a bit behind, but...
	My version does this too....as far as I can tell, GODS will refuse to give you an extra life if you already have 2 on some parts (Some tokens will still give you the extra life, but some wont (it also seems that on World 1 Level 1, if you go to the end without losing a life, the extra one doesnt fall from the roof like it usually does))
However, even if you have 2 lives it WILL give you the extras if you get them through score bonuses...

--
---
George F. McBay, Amiga Fanatic!