[comp.sys.amiga.games] MoonBase Games?

merlin@presto.UUCP (Jeff W. Hyche) (06/05/91)

	Sometime ago I heard about a game coming out for the
Amiga, something about the Earth being ruined and you ran a
colony on the moon.  From there you sent out probes to build a
solor system wide empire or something.  I think the name of the
Game was Millenna or something.  Whatever happened to it?
--
                                // Jeff Hyche
  There can be only one!    \\ //  Usenet: hychejw@infonode.ingr.com

tpehrson@javelin.sim.es.com (Tim Clinkenpeel) (06/06/91)

merlin@presto.UUCP (Jeff W. Hyche) writes:

>	Sometime ago I heard about a game coming out for the
>Amiga, something about the Earth being ruined and you ran a
>colony on the moon.  From there you sent out probes to build a
>solor system wide empire or something.  I think the name of the
>Game was Millenna or something.  Whatever happened to it?

 it was released and people played it.  the end.

 p.s. "Millenium"; sequel due out "soon"
--
/=============================/ "1:1 And, yea, Jesus was not quite dead and did
/ tpehrson@javelin.sim.es.com /  commeth down with a wailing and a gnashing of

colas@celeste.inria.fr (Colas Nahaboo) (06/10/91)

In article <merlin.0564@presto.UUCP>, merlin@presto.UUCP (Jeff W. Hyche)
writes:

> 	Sometime ago I heard about a game coming out for the
> Amiga, something about the Earth being ruined and you ran a
> colony on the moon.  From there you sent out probes to build a
> solor system wide empire or something.  I think the name of the
> Game was Millenna or something.  Whatever happened to it?

It was a GREAT game: Millenium 2.2

It is, in my opinion, a very new concept of game: the "book" game.
Not all books are the same: when you read a "thriller", you want good
entertainement, an easy-to-read style and well done plot, and do not expect it
to last more than one week. To me millenium is the first one of these new games:
you don't have to make all actions in the optimal time, it is easy and fast to
complete, no headaches, and brings you a lot of "you are there" feelings. I hope
we get more and more games like these and not "just make the game much harder so
that the user will have a hard time, and the game will be credited with "long
lifetime" in the tests" - type of game.
Only problem is that these games should not cost more than the price of a
book... since you would need to buy one per week, just like books.
Supremacy was for me another exemple of this type of games

Me and ALL my friends here really enjoyed Millenium 2.2, and the sequel is just
out now, it is called Deuteros, and is like Millenium 2.2: a real easy but good
game... Real top-class and user-freindly.