[comp.sys.amiga.games] miscellaneous new stuff due out?

edg@ingres.com (Ed Goldman) (06/13/91)

In article <11741@mirsa.inria.fr> buffa@mirsa.inria.fr writes:

>Game:                        Why I bought it
>-------                      ---------------
>POWERMONGER:                 We loved Populous + nice reviews in magazine. We
>			     were disappointed. Could not try it before
>			     playing

Kind of agree.  It was addicting for a while, but the strategy depth turned
out to be quite shallow.  I *think* I heard something about a new scenarios
disk to be eventually released for this.  Anyone heard about it?

>Games I will buy as soon as they will be available:
>
>All Bitmap Brothers titles.

Their stuff is always high quality.  I'd buy pretty much anything new by them
sight unseen.

Other miscellaneous stuff:

o Anyone ever played a game called "Brat"?  Great graphics.  Innovative
  gameplay.  It's sort of a platform type game, but you don't control the
  main character with a joystick.  Instead, you place directional arrows
  ahead of his path with a mouse.  There's all kinds of additional things
  to pick up and puzzles to figure out.  Haven't seen anything about it in
  this newsgroup.  The only downer about it is that it hits the disk a bit
  too much.

o The author of Captive, Tony Crowther, is at work on a game using the same
  basic engine as Captive, but supposedly LOTS more puzzle variety.  It's
  set in a dungeon-type environment, as oppoesed to Captive's space theme.
  I think it's called Knightsbreed or something.  Due out in Sept.  Saw
  some early screen shots, looks like a winner.

o I've heard about new levels disk for Cadaver.  Anyone know when that's coming
  out?

o I read a brief blurb and saw a screen shot of a game coming out called
  Realm.  It's a strategy game and it looked similar to Powermonger.  Anyone
  know anything about it?

  -edg-

jamie@sievax.enet.dec.com (Jamie Badman) (06/13/91)

There are supposedly at least two new data disks coming out for Power
Monger; World War I disk and Middle Earth.

				Jamie.