[comp.sys.amiga.games] Psygnosis Bashing

hoffmann@acl.kodak.com (marty hoffmann) (06/14/91)

In article <11760@mirsa.inria.fr> Michel Buffa writes:

>I'm really pissed by this discussion against Psygnosis, as there are many many
>worse companies on the market.

Agreed.

>What you should do:
>
>-Buy an IBM or a MAC [...]

I don't want to buy an IBM or a MAC, thank you very much.
Whether or not there are good games for the IBM PC or MAC has
nothing to do with how Psygnosis should handle their Amiga market.

>-I bought my amiga in 1986 and never had any problem with my drives. I have
>seen no game that destroyed or changed my head drives alignment.

Same here.

>-I have an HD, but I can not put all games on it. The only games that need to
>be on a HD, like Sierra games or Stellar 7 or other IBM ports don't woth the
>price of their box. If people suppose that everybody has an HD, has an
>accelerator card, has a 3000, we won't see games like starglider 2, Carrier
>Command that have a better 3D on a simple 68000 amiga than the flight sims on
>IBM 486. Programmers must have constraints to be good.

I don't know how you define "needs to be on a hard drive".  I wanted a hard
drive installable version of Lemmings for two reasons:

	- Convenience
	- I automatically have a backup copy (the original floppies)

I don't see why providing hard disk installable versions of games will
result in there being no good games.

You claim there are no good games for the IBM PC.  Do you really think
it is because their games tend to be hard disk installable?

BTW, one of the best flight simulators (in my opinion) is Falcon, and it
is hard disk installable -- and I am running it with a simple 68000.

>-Stop flaming Psygnosis please, they enjoyed me so much with a lot of their
>games...

No comment.

>-Flame Electronic Arts for Chuck Yeager flight sim awful IBM port (but HD
>installable !)

Can't say whether it is awful or not, but it is NOT hard disk installable,
and they probably should be flamed (at least for that).

>-Flame Dynamix for awful IBM port of Stellar 7 (But Hd installable !)
>

>-Flame US gold for their continuity in selling bad games.

If you want to flame other companies, be my guest.
Don't tell me who to flame and who not to flame.

If you want to see this "Psygnosis flame thread" die down, stop fanning
the embers.

>--
>Michel Buffa:       Projet Robotvis, INRIA, France

								MRH

--
| Martin R Hoffmann        | Opinions expressed above are |