[comp.sys.amiga.games] Cubus????

specter@disk.uucp (Byron Max Guernsey) (06/14/91)

I downloaded Cubus and then did an lharc -t with our Unix lharc and it said
that the crc check failed on the instruments files and it listed some weird
looking garbage filename on the end. (big file too according to the .'s

Is it really corrupted on ab20.larc.nasa.gov??? And why do so many files
get corrupted when transferred to there?

Byron
--
Byron 'Maxwell' Guernsey                         |       ///  //\\
specter@disk.UUCP     or                         |      ///  //  \\

garyweir@netcom.COM (Gary Weir) (06/14/91)

In article <1991Jun13.181443.21697@disk.uucp> specter@disk.uucp (Byron Max Guernsey) writes:
>I downloaded Cubus and then did an lharc -t with our Unix lharc and it said
>that the crc check failed on the instruments files and it listed some weird
>looking garbage filename on the end. (big file too according to the .'s
>
>Is it really corrupted on ab20.larc.nasa.gov??? And why do so many files
>get corrupted when transferred to there?
>
>Byron

I ftp-ed it from ab20 as well and although I only played it for about 5
minutes maximum, it worked for me.  I also just tested the archive with
"lharc t Cubus.lzh" on my Amiga here at home and it tested fine all the way
through.

I have ftp-ed a couple of other .lzh files lately that were corrupt but I
can't assume it was because of ab20 that they were corrupt.  The files do
have to pass through at least 3 machines (originator, ab20, your recipient
ftp machine.....which in my case is not my Amiga so that makes 4 machines)
so the trouble could be in any place or in the data lines between any of them.
Just a thought.

>--
>Byron 'Maxwell' Guernsey                         |       ///  //\\
>specter@disk.UUCP     or                         |      ///  //  \\
>uunet!ukma!corpane!disk!specter                  |  \\\///  //====\\
>"We're not going to give you 500 dimes..." - SNL |   \\\/  //      \\ m i g a

--
 //////////////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
/  garyweir@netcom.COM or {apple, amdahl, claris}!netcom!garyweir   \

kms@ecsvax.uncecs.edu (Ken Steele) (06/15/91)

In article <1991Jun13.181443.21697@disk.uucp>, specter@disk.uucp (Byron Max Guernsey) writes:
> I downloaded Cubus and then did an lharc -t with our Unix lharc and it said
> that the crc check failed on the instruments files and it listed some weird
> looking garbage filename on the end. (big file too according to the .'s
>
> Is it really corrupted on ab20.larc.nasa.gov??? And why do so many files
> get corrupted when transferred to there?
>
> Byron
> --
> Byron 'Maxwell' Guernsey                         |       ///  //\\
> specter@disk.UUCP     or                         |      ///  //  \\
> uunet!ukma!corpane!disk!specter                  |  \\\///  //====\\
> "We're not going to give you 500 dimes..." - SNL |   \\\/  //      \\ m i g a

I downloaded the file and used the Amiga lharc to verify and then
extract it's contents.  Verify reported no problems, and the game
was extracted without complaints or crashes.  This suggests
diffrences between your Unix version of lharc and the Amiga
version.  I used Lharc 1.21.

BTW, the game assumes a PAL video setup, which (for Americans)
means that the bottom of the game is below the bottom of the
screen.  This does make the game more challenging.  :-) :-)

--
Ken Steele   Dept. of Psychology    kms@ecsvax.bitnet
             Mars Hill College      kms@ecsvax.uncecs.edu