[comp.sys.amiga.games] Armourgeddon

visconti@cis.ohio-state.edu (mark a visconti) (05/04/91)

  Has anyone played ArmourGeddon from Psygnosis ?  Any comments or complaints
about the game ?  I am especially interested in the two player mode and
compatability problems with 2500/20 and 2500/30 machines.

Thanks,
Mark
---------------------------
visconti@cis.ohio-state.edu

valentin@public.BTR.COM (Valentin Pepelea) (05/05/91)

In article <116378@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> visconti@cis.ohio-state.edu (mark a
visconti) writes:

>  Has anyone played ArmourGeddon from Psygnosis ?  Any comments or complaints
>about the game ?  I am especially interested in the two player mode and
>compatability problems with 2500/20 and 2500/30 machines.

I just bought the game today. The smooth 3-D filled polygon graphics are
stunning, perhaps getting updated 5-10 times per second on a 7Mhz 68000.
You thought F-18 Interceptor was the smoothest flight simulator. Well, not
any more.

On the other hand, in the long tradition of European games, Armour Geddon is
not hard disk installable. The flight characteristics of the fighter and
helicopter, the most enjoyable craft to pilot, are not realistic. For example
turning and pulling up on the joystick cause a tremendous speed loss, to the
point of causing a stall. The objective of the game is in the style of
Starglider II. Search search search, blast blast blast. Sigh.

The manual does not mention what the two player mode is all about, nor whether
the two players cooperate or dogfight. Neither have I tried the game on an
accelerated Amiga.

Valentin
--
"An operating system without virtual memory      Name:      Valentin Pepelea
 is an operating system without virtue."         Phone:     (408) 985-1700

manes@vger.nsu.edu ((Mark D. Manes), Norfolk State University) (05/06/91)

In article <2695@public.BTR.COM>, valentin@public.BTR.COM (Valentin Pepelea) writes:
> In article <116378@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> visconti@cis.ohio-state.edu (mark a
> visconti) writes:
>>
>>  Has anyone played ArmourGeddon from Psygnosis ?  Any comments or complaints
>>about the game ?  I am especially interested in the two player mode and
>>compatability problems with 2500/20 and 2500/30 machines.
>
> I just bought the game today. The smooth 3-D filled polygon graphics are
> stunning, perhaps getting updated 5-10 times per second on a 7Mhz 68000.
> You thought F-18 Interceptor was the smoothest flight simulator. Well, not
> any more.
>
> On the other hand, in the long tradition of European games, Armour Geddon is
> not hard disk installable. The flight characteristics of the fighter and
> helicopter, the most enjoyable craft to pilot, are not realistic. For example
> turning and pulling up on the joystick cause a tremendous speed loss, to the
> point of causing a stall. The objective of the game is in the style of
> Starglider II. Search search search, blast blast blast. Sigh.
>
> The manual does not mention what the two player mode is all about, nor whether
> the two players cooperate or dogfight. Neither have I tried the game on an
> accelerated Amiga.

Did you get a keyboard sheet with your Armour-Geddon?  I did not.  It makes
the game ever so difficult.  I seem to get killed real real quick even in
the training mode.  The game runs very nicely on a A3000 by the way, certainly
the death sequences work. :-)

If you have the keyboard chart... please post it, or send email.

> Valentin
> --
> "An operating system without virtual memory      Name:      Valentin Pepelea
>  is an operating system without virtue."         Phone:     (408) 985-1700
>                                                  Usenet:    mips!btr!valentin
>                      - Ancient Inca Proverb      Internet:  valentin@btr.com

 -mark=

 +--------+   ==================================================
 | \/     |   Mark D. Manes   "The Most lopsided deal since ..."
 | /\  \/ |   manes@vger.nsu.edu
 |     /  |   (804) 683-2532    "Make up your own mind! - AMIGA"
 +--------+   ==================================================
 "I protest Captain!  I am not a merry man!" - Lt. Worf

valentin@public.BTR.COM (Valentin Pepelea) (05/06/91)

In article <927.28244894@vger.nsu.edu> manes@vger.nsu.edu ((Mark D. Manes),
Norfolk State University) writes:

>Did you get a keyboard sheet with your Armour-Geddon?  I did not.  It makes
>the game ever so difficult.

Yes, I did. It is not a keyboard overlay, as it should be, but rather a very
wide piece of paper on which the keyboard is drawn, and keys which have a
certain meaning are marked so. Unfortunately, the keys them-selves are not
identified. Sigh.

>If you have the keyboard chart... please post it, or send email.

Of course I will not do that. No point helping out pirates, you know. I suggest
you bring your box immediately back to the store where you bought it, and
demand another one which has the keymap in it. Do not waste time calling
Psygnosis, you'll merely waste long distance charges, while allowing your
refund deadline to slip by.

Valentin
--
"An operating system without virtual memory      Name:      Valentin Pepelea
 is an operating system without virtue."         Phone:     (408) 985-1700
                                                 Usenet:    mips!btr!valentin
                     - Ancient Inca Proverb      Internet:  valentin@btr.com

johnn@amiglynx.UUCP (John Niforatos) (06/23/91)

Hi, forgive  me for my ignorance, but I can't get armourgeddon to load past
the part where is states " Put disk two in drive A".  I have the fixer for
disk 2, but when I put that disk in or try to load it directly nothing
happens. I dont have disk 2 and I have no idea where I can gaet it.  Any help
is appreciated, thanx.