[comp.sys.amiga.games] Info wanted - SSI AD&D games

alister@asis.unimelb.EDU.AU (Alister Miller) (06/21/91)

What is Death Knights of Krynn like?
How does it compare to previous SSI games?
Does it need 1 Meg on an amiga?
Is it a 'Curse of the Azure Bonds' type game, or is it like
'Eye of the Beholder'?

Also, does anyone know why later SSI AD&D games need 1 Meg to run
on amigas? (The graphics etc on the boxes dont look that complicated,
EOB excluded).

Does 'Eye of the Beholder' need 1 Meg?

Was the boxed set of earlier SSI games ever released for amigas?
I only saw it for C64 and PC formats.

Thanks in advance, e-mail prefered,
				   Alister Miller.

uzun@pnet01.cts.com (Roger Uzun) (06/22/91)

[]
Eye of the Beholder requires 1M, and it is an excellent program.

All SSI AD&D games require 1M and I have enjoyed them all.  They
are very large worlds.

Death Knights of Krynn is not yet out for the Amiga, they say it will
be released in July.  Secret of the Silver Blades is due out in August.
These are my favorite adventure game series, and I am really looking forward
to them.

-Roger

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!uzun
ARPA: crash!pnet01!uzun@nosc.mil
INET: uzun@pnet01.cts.com

tesser@Darkness.gun.de (Thomas Esser) (06/23/91)

In article <792@ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au> alister@asis.unimelb.EDU.AU (Alister Miller) writes:

>What is Death Knights of Krynn like?
>How does it compare to previous SSI games?
>Does it need 1 Meg on an amiga?
>Is it a 'Curse of the Azure Bonds' type game, or is it like
>'Eye of the Beholder'?

DKOK ist a Game like Champions of Krynn or Curse of the Azure Bonds.
On my A1000 it will only run with >1 MB.

>Also, does anyone know why later SSI AD&D games need 1 Meg to run
>on amigas? (The graphics etc on the boxes dont look that complicated,
>EOB excluded).

Hmm, i think yes, the standart for graphical powerful games is 1 MB.

>Does 'Eye of the Beholder' need 1 Meg?

Yep.

--

thomas esser, D-5014 kerpen 1             darkness : 0(49)2273 3044 HST-DS
znet: sysop@darkness.zer fido: 2:241/4033    amiga pd and many more ...