[comp.sys.amiga.games] Corewars

rjc@geech.gnu.ai.mit.edu (Ray Cromwell) (06/11/91)

  COuld anyone tell me where I can ftp Amiga CoreWars from or
could someone email it to me?

Thanks.

--
/ INET:rjc@gnu.ai.mit.edu     *   // The opinions expressed here do not      \
| INET:r_cromwe@upr2.clu.net  | \X/  in any way reflect the views of my self.|

gblock@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Gregory R Block) (06/11/91)

From article <1991Jun11.090036.10825@mintaka.lcs.mit.edu>, by rjc@geech.gnu.ai.mit.edu (Ray Cromwell):

>   COuld anyone tell me where I can ftp Amiga CoreWars from or
> could someone email it to me?
>
> Thanks.

I am also interested in finding this program, I've been looking for it
since I heard about it looking through a back issue of Sci. Am. when I
was doing some fractal research...

Greg

--
All opinions are my own, and not those of my employer.
Why?  He doesn't know I'm doing this.

sanders@chopin.udel.edu (Robert M Sanders) (06/14/91)

In article <12999@uwm.edu> gblock@csd4.csd.uwm.edu writes:

>I am also interested in finding this program, I've been looking for it
>since I heard about it looking through a back issue of Sci. Am. when I
>was doing some fractal research...
>
>Greg

I also first heard about corewars from Sci. Am., from Computer Recreations
I believe.  The basic rules and all were there, as I recall.  I have also
seen an Amiga version of corewars ( on a Fred Fish disk).  I don't remember
what number.  I do remember that it was compiled using Manx C, and that I
have never been able to get it to run correctly.  Only source code was
provided, and I haven't been able to get it to run under SAS/Lattice 5.10.
If dialup rates weren't so high, I'd upload it again, but I'm dialing back
to UofD from @120 miles away.  Good luck.....

						Rob

saint@alessia.dei.unipd.it (Gian Uberto Lauri 228495) (06/14/91)

In article <12999@uwm.edu> gblock@csd4.csd.uwm.edu writes:

>I am also interested in finding this program, I've been looking for it

>From article <1991Jun11.090036.10825@mintaka.lcs.mit.edu>, by rjc@geech.gnu.ai.mit.edu (Ray Cromwell):
>>
>>   COuld anyone tell me where I can ftp Amiga CoreWars from or

I think I can solve your problem. I will post a message when it'll be
available on our anonimous ftp server (sabrina.dei.unipd.it or
130.186.12.101 if your nameserver fails).

PLEASE NOTE that the program will be available for a couple of weeks only
due to space problems :(

o   oooooo	Gian Uberto Lauri
      o    o	saint@alessia.dei.unipd.it
     o o

bosman@fwi.uva.nl (Dr.D) (06/16/91)

saint@alessia.dei.unipd.it (Gian Uberto Lauri 228495) writes:

>In article <12999@uwm.edu> gblock@csd4.csd.uwm.edu writes:

>>I am also interested in finding this program, I've been looking for it

>>From article <1991Jun11.090036.10825@mintaka.lcs.mit.edu>, by rjc@geech.gnu.ai.mit.edu (Ray Cromwell):
>>>
>>>   COuld anyone tell me where I can ftp Amiga CoreWars from or

I have a very nice version of CoreWars here at home. It is in the
public domain. It is completely window orientated with 1 window representing
the memory. It has a built in editor and 'assembler' and a lot of
examples. It was originaly german , but all the text (menus etc) are in
a file and I already converted a lot of the text to english  .
It has 1 drawback though. It asks you to buy the latest updates and the
manual every now and then. (it has already got a complete manual on the disk)
I could upload it to ab20 , but they are short of diskspace I believe.
Maybe some other site?

Cor .

--
|bosman@fwi.uva.nl_   //    |  Honest Officer , had I known my health       |
|-----------------\\ //AMIGA|  stood in jeopardy I would never had lit one. |

gblock@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Gregory R Block) (06/17/91)

From article <1991Jun15.171824.537@fwi.uva.nl>, by bosman@fwi.uva.nl (Dr.D):

> I have a very nice version of CoreWars here at home. It is in the
> public domain. It is completely window orientated with 1 window representing
> the memory. It has a built in editor and 'assembler' and a lot of
> examples. It was originaly german , but all the text (menus etc) are in
> a file and I already converted a lot of the text to english  .
> It has 1 drawback though. It asks you to buy the latest updates and the
> manual every now and then. (it has already got a complete manual on the disk)
> I could upload it to ab20 , but they are short of diskspace I believe.
> Maybe some other site?

Perhaps hubcap.clemson.edu (clemson.hubcap.edu?  one of the two...  :)
would do the trick.  Can't you upload directly into the /amiga/#? section?

Greg

--
Socrates:  "I drank WHAT????"
LMFAP:  "Next time you see me, it won't be me."

bosman@fwi.uva.nl (Dr.D) (06/19/91)

I uploaded the german corewar version to hubcap.clemson.edu
in pub/amiga/incoming/GAMES

D.

--
|bosman@fwi.uva.nl_   //    |  Honest Officer , had I known my health       |
|-----------------\\ //AMIGA|  stood in jeopardy I would never had lit one. |
|   [  PE  ]       \//      |              -MAXIM (of the Hells Angels)-    |
|__________ Quickly Scotty,beam me up.There is no ox..y..ge...______________|

saint@ALESSIA.DEI.UNIPD.IT (Gian Uberto Lauri 228495) (06/20/91)

	As promised some days ago, a core war package is now available
	in the anonimous ftp server sabrina.dei.unipd.it, in the
	pub/amiga/misc directory. It's name is cwars.lzh (docs
	included in the archive). That file will not have a very long
	life (one and half month max).

	Contact me trought e-mail if you have any problem/question.

o   oooooo	Gian Uberto Lauri
      o    o	saint@alessia.dei.unipd.it
     o o

--

achilles@oak.circa.ufl.edu (06/25/91)

Well I just DL this game <?> and it looks pretty decent (complex), and I
wanted to know (since my german is lacking) what this game is all about...
and is there an English version out there ???
Sorry about all the ???'s but this game looks pretty neat to me and I would
like to know more about it.
Thanks in advance,
Scott D. Alden

paulz@hpspdla.spd.HP.COM (Paul Zander) (06/27/91)

Core Wars was originally described in Scienteific American magazine a
couple of years ago.  There is a regular feature near the back on
Computer Recreation.  I recall that the original ariticle was
interesting.  Now that there is an Amiga version of the code available,
I will be down loading it and also searching through my old mags.

Paul
email paulz@hpspd.spd.hp.com
packet AA6PZ @ N6IIU-1.#NOCAL.CA.USA.NA