[comp.sys.amiga.games] DM HELP

mjw@sequent.UUCP (Michael Waugh) (11/01/90)

I just got Dungeon Master and I would like a few hints to get started.
I found my way down to level 2 but there is one door I don't have a
key for. Is there any hidden doors or switches I should look for?

How do you use a scroll?  I've tried to use a scroll but have not
figured it out yet.  How do you use spells?  I've stumbled on some
combinations that seem like they work if I had some other item to go
with it or more power.

This is a great game.  I would like to get a little further into it.
Any helpful hints to get to level 3? (besides falling into that pit)

set@phobos.cis.ksu.edu (Steve E Tietze ) (11/01/90)

CAN ANYONE PLEASE SEND ME A COPY OF LHARC AND ZOO ?  I'M HAVING TROUBLE FINDINGMMY COPIES OF THEM. WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT.

PLEASE EMAIL <set@phobos.cis.ksu.edu>

Steve Tietze

<ACPS7029@Ryerson.CA> (11/06/90)

Hello people of the net. My name's Elio (a.k.a Pavarotti). I'm new to the net s
o bear with me.

I'm responding to a cry for help from level 2 of Dungeon Master.

Are you sure you have looked in EVERY room on level 2?  All the keys at that le
vel are on the ground.  To read scrolls pick them up in your "hand" and take it
to one of your champion's inventory screens.  Hold the scroll over the eye and
press and hold the mouse button. You'll see the scroll in all its glory!

My own problems with DM are in fighting tactics and spells (especially spells).
If anyone could help, please post something or send me a reply.A comprehensive
spell list could come in handy!

Thank you and CIAO!  (Sorry no sinature yet!  Still trying to figure out how to
do it! Any help on that would be appreciated too!)

farren@well.sf.ca.us (Mike Farren) (11/07/90)

mjw@sequent.UUCP (Michael Waugh) writes:

>How do you use a scroll?
>How do you use spells?

Full details on both of these items are contained in the manual.  Read
carefully, and you shouldn't have any problems.  If your problem is
determining just what spells actually do something, well, that's part
of the fun of DM.  Or, failing that, many BBS systems have a DM spell
cheat-sheet available.
--
Mike Farren 				     farren@well.sf.ca.us

Stewart.Mckinnon@p0.f178.n221.z1.fidonet.org (Stewart Mckinnon) (03/27/91)

RE: THE CLOCKWISE LEVEL....I should have added something to my solution
for the Clockwise Room....When you see the FIRST key, get it and then
continue walking backwards until you see the gate with the keyhole.
Insert the key, and go in and open the chest. There will be another
key in the chest. Get that and resume walking backwards until a SECOND
keyhole appears. This will be the one to open the door behind the
small room w/chest. Hope that helps!

--
Stewart Mckinnon - via FidoNet node 1:221/171
UUCP    : watmath!xenitec!zswamp!178.0!Stewart.Mckinnon

johnn@amiglynx.UUCP (John Niforatos) (06/23/91)

I'm stuck on approximately level 8(it could actually be 7, 9, or 10), where it
says on the wall "when rock is not rock".  I tried fireballing and chopping
the spot, but nothing works.  Any help on passing this spot or level would be
of great help. thanx in advance

johnu@syma.sussex.ac.uk (John E Upham) (06/26/91)

From article <johnn.5512@amiglynx.UUCP>, by johnn@amiglynx.UUCP (John Niforatos):

> I'm stuck on approximately level 8(it could actually be 7, 9, or 10), where it
> says on the wall "when rock is not rock".  I tried fireballing and chopping
> the spot, but nothing works.  Any help on passing this spot or level would be
> of great help. thanx in advance

  i could be wrone but isn't that spot an imaginary wall. So, just
  trying walking through it. If not mail me and Ill look up my maps.

  Is your level 8 the one with rats in it ?

  john

--
John Upham, School of Molecular Sciences, University of Sussex, Brighton, UK.
Email: kapn1%cluster.susx.ac.uk@uk.ac (BITnet), kapn1@uk.ac.susx.cluster (Janet)

jy1@ra.MsState.Edu (Yo Man) (06/28/91)

Hi, to whom he has finished DM, I have several question for you:

1) In Level 2, is there any trick with the wall that has the printing
" This wall says nothing'?

2) Where can I get a bow? At level 3, I've entered the riddle room, 'Room
of Gurdian', and killed the creatures in there, but how do you open the
iron gate to get the chest. Which riddle room has the golden key?

3) Is Alex useful? Looks like he is better off dead to save food for others.

JS