[comp.sys.amiga.games] Future Wars

lockhart@cbmvax.commodore.com (John W. Lockhart - Product Assurance) (07/11/90)

I'm in need of a spoiler for Future Wars (written by Delphine
Software and published in the U.S. by InterPlay Productions).

After being captured by the Croghons (sp?) during my shuttle flight,
I am trapped in a Croghon jail cell and am unable to get out.

I have:

empty blowtorch
key
lance
documents

I also can have either a one ecu coin or a newspaper (but not both).

The only objects that I can manipulate in the cell are the door and
the air duct, neither of which seem to do much good.

Have I missed an object along the way?  How do I get out?!?

  -- John
John Lockhart, lockhart@cbmvax.commodore.com; BIX: jlockhart
Systems Evaluation Group, Product Assurance Dept., Commodore
Working for, but not speaking for, Commodore.

dreamer@diku.dk (Thomas Magle Brodersen) (09/24/90)

HELP! I'm stuck in Future Wars. I find myself in a small cell somewhere
around the alien spaceship, I think. I can't get out! It is possible to
remove the mesh from the air-vent, but I can't make my man do anything
else. I have on me the following items: key, lance, document, newspaper
and the empty blowtorch. In the manual there is a picture of out hero
sitting on the bunk in the cell, reading the paper, but in no way can I
make him read it in the game...

Can anybody show me a way out?

2flntopaz@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (09/24/90)

In article <1990Sep24.063853.7422@diku.dk>, dreamer@diku.dk (Thomas Magle Brodersen) writes:
> HELP! I'm stuck in Future Wars. I find myself in a small cell somewhere
> around the alien spaceship, I think. I can't get out! It is possible to
> remove the mesh from the air-vent, but I can't make my man do anything
> else. I have on me the following items: key, lance, document, newspaper
> and the empty blowtorch. In the manual there is a picture of out hero
> sitting on the bunk in the cell, reading the paper, but in no way can I
> make him read it in the game...
>
> Can anybody show me a way out?

You are missing the can of tear gas (or grenade or whatever they call it, I've
forgotten).  Once you do obtain that, you'll need to do this (and you have
to be very quick about it or you'll die):
Remove the vent
Toss the canister into the vent
Cover the vent with the newspaper (to keep the gas from coming back into your
cell)

I'll let you take it from there....
David Poland

rmitchel@wpi.WPI.EDU (Robert H Mitchell) (05/02/91)

	Does anyone know how to get out of the first two rooms in Future
Wars?  It seems like I've tried every possible combination of objects on
items in both of the rooms.  By the way, I have done everything outlined
in the walkthrough in the manual, I just can't get any further.

Thanks.

ee52fat@sdcc3.ucsd.edu (=== Cheapie ===) (05/02/91)

I ran into this problem long time ago and I solved the very first part of the
game by filling up the bucket with water and put on top of the door.  When do
the boss opens the door, SPLASH !! :)

Does this help at all ?

-gc

cs170703644@vger.nsu.edu (05/04/91)

In article <1991May1.225255.10672@wpi.WPI.EDU>, rmitchel@wpi.WPI.EDU (Robert H Mitchell) writes:
> 	Does anyone know how to get out of the first two rooms in Future
> Wars?  It seems like I've tried every possible combination of objects on
> items in both of the rooms.  By the way, I have done everything outlined
> in the walkthrough in the manual, I just can't get any further.

   You may be missing two crucial items.  You surely have seen the big wall
map in the boss' office.  Be sure you examine it VERY carefully.  There are
several items in this office you need to take/use.

IN addition, you should have found an unusual item in the bathroom when you
were messing around with the bucket and the medicine cabinet.

 Jean                       |
 werjun@large              / \   Why are you guys skewing my curve????
 cs170703644@vger.nsu.edu  \ /

danr@clark.edu (Dan Reuther) (06/28/91)

   I need some help with future wars.  I am stuck in the wine cellar in the     monestary.  I can't figure out what I need to do here.  I read in Amiga World
that I need the remote control.  Is this right?  If so where do I find it, I
have not seen it.
                                     Thanks
                                     Dan Reuther
                                     danr@clark.edu