[comp.sys.amiga.games] falcon help

rserp@aeshq.UUCP (> armf4) (06/25/91)

Hi folks!
	I  recentaly got Falcon for my amiga 500 and am having trouble with it.
I followed all the instruction on takeing off. After I am off the ground, I get
a voice saying "Warning! Warning!..."  and then I crash. I am sure that my
landing gear was up. Can anybody help me.

rserp                                          rserp@aeshq.uucp  or
Environment Canada                             uunet!mnetor!geac!aeshq!rserp
Atmospheric Environment Services

tony@ais.org (Tony Poole) (06/26/91)

rserp@aeshq.UUCP (> armf4) writes:

>Hi folks!
>	I  recentaly got Falcon for my amiga 500 and am having trouble with it.
>I followed all the instruction on takeing off. After I am off the ground, I get
>a voice saying "Warning! Warning!..."  and then I crash. I am sure that my
>landing gear was up. Can anybody help me.

Hehehehe.  Yeah, it does this when you fail to enter the proper code
from the code wheel.  Hmmmmm.......  Did you *buy* your copy
or, or, or, maybe, just maybe, PIRATE IT??  Hehehehe....

But seriously, that is what causes it to do what you describe, or rather
I should say that is ONE of the things that causes it to do that.

Tony Poole           Traverse City, MI USA           EMail:tony@irie.ais.org

daq@hpfcso.FC.HP.COM (Doug Quarnstrom) (06/27/91)

>>Hi folks!
>>	I  recentaly got Falcon for my amiga 500 and am having trouble with it.
>>I followed all the instruction on takeing off. After I am off the ground, I get
>>a voice saying "Warning! Warning!..."  and then I crash. I am sure that my
>>landing gear was up. Can anybody help me.

>Hehehehe.  Yeah, it does this when you fail to enter the proper code
>from the code wheel.  Hmmmmm.......  Did you *buy* your copy
>or, or, or, maybe, just maybe, PIRATE IT??  Hehehehe....

>But seriously, that is what causes it to do what you describe, or rather
>I should say that is ONE of the things that causes it to do that.

Don't be such a dickhead.  Any number of things could cause it to
crash.  If you are not playing at the easy level and you are too
heavy or slow taking off, you will crash.  And as a matter of fact,
I thought that improper code wheel useage would just make it so the
game would not even start, although I could be wrong since I have not
failed to put in the right code for awhile, even though they are REALLY
hard to recognize.

>Tony Poole           Traverse City, MI USA           EMail:tony@irie.ais.org

doug

Mark.Stuart@actrix.gen.nz (Mark Stuart) (06/28/91)

In article <980@aeshq.UUCP> rserp@aeshq.UUCP (> armf4) writes:

> Hi folks!
> 	I  recentaly got Falcon for my amiga 500 and am having trouble with it.
> I followed all the instruction on takeing off. After I am off the ground, I get
> a voice saying "Warning! Warning!..."  and then I crash. I am sure that my
> landing gear was up. Can anybody help me.

Sounds like a Copy-Protection problem. Many years ago, the original
versions of Falcon did this if the game thought it was the real thing
- either get a replacement disk, or your drives need cleaning/realignment.

withers@nitmoi.enet.dec.com (George A. Withers) (06/29/91)

In article <14820010@hpfcso.FC.HP.COM>, daq@hpfcso.FC.HP.COM (Doug
Quarnstrom) writes:
|> with it.
|> ground, I get
|> that my
|>
|> >Hehehehe.  Yeah, it does this when you fail to enter the proper
|> code
|> >from the code wheel.  Hmmmmm.......  Did you *buy* your copy
|> >or, or, or, maybe, just maybe, PIRATE IT??  Hehehehe....
|>
|> >But seriously, that is what causes it to do what you describe, or
|> rather
|> >I should say that is ONE of the things that causes it to do that.
|>
|> Don't be such a dickhead.  Any number of things could cause it to
|> crash.  If you are not playing at the easy level and you are too
|> heavy or slow taking off, you will crash.

Actually, as described it DOES sound like a copy protection problem.
If you are too heavy or stalling, you'll crash into the ground and thus
die.  But to be in the air, no enemy in sight, and have the master caution
come alive indicates that it thinks you entered the wrong codewheel
answer.

FWIW, Doug, Tony DID have hehehehe's which could be interpretted
as smileys.

|> >Tony Poole           Traverse City, MI USA
|> EMail:tony@irie.ais.org
|>
|> doug

 George A. Withers, Jr.                  |  "There is no life I know to compare
 Digital Equipment Corp., 97 Piper Road  |   with pure imagination.  Living
 Acton, MA   01720   AT&T: 508.264.2339  |   there you'll be free .. if you
 Addr: withers@nitmoi.enet.dec.com       |   truly wish to be."  - W. Wonka
      DISCLAIMER:  "Don't look at me!  I didn't do it!" (Krusty the Clown)

tony@ais.org (Tony Poole) (06/29/91)

withers@nitmoi.enet.dec.com (George A. Withers) writes:

>|> with it.
>|> ground, I get
>|> that my

>|> code

>|> rather
>|>
>|> Don't be such a dickhead.  Any number of things could cause it to
>|> crash.  If you are not playing at the easy level and you are too
>|> heavy or slow taking off, you will crash.

>Actually, as described it DOES sound like a copy protection problem.
>If you are too heavy or stalling, you'll crash into the ground and thus
>die.  But to be in the air, no enemy in sight, and have the master caution
>come alive indicates that it thinks you entered the wrong codewheel
>answer.

>FWIW, Doug, Tony DID have hehehehe's which could be interpretted
>as smileys.

Sheesh.  It's amazing what sets some people off.  I wasn't going to reply
to his ill-mannered flame (although I did in EMail :-), but I just had
to after seeing the above.

Why do some people have to interpret everything so seriously, especially
when it was blatantly obvious that the first paragraph of my follow-up
was meant to be taken humorously?  You'd think the first two words
of the next paragraph, "But seriously..." would kinda clue
him in on that.

Excuse the wasted bandwidth....it's rare from me.

Tony Poole           Traverse City, MI USA           EMail:tony@irie.ais.org