[comp.sys.amiga.games] DM question

bwill@athena.mit.edu (Brian F Williams) (11/04/90)

   I have gotten the powerstaff and the gem of power on the bottom level but I don't know what to do now.  There is a black knight on the level above who
didn't die even after taking 3000 pts of damage.  The stairs up were also
blocked off so the knight always killed my guys off after half an hour or so.
What does the lock at the bottom of the skeleton stairway open up? And how do I kill the black knight?
   I'm positive that I've almost won.  Has anyone heard of Chaos strikes back
for the amiga yet?

kuento@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (11/05/90)

In article <1990Nov3.220905.12695@athena.mit.edu>, bwill@athena.mit.edu (Brian F Williams) writes:
>    I have gotten the powerstaff and the gem of power on the bottom level but I don't know what to do now.  There is a black knight on the level above who
> didn't die even after taking 3000 pts of damage.  The stairs up were also
> blocked off so the knight always killed my guys off after half an hour or so.
> What does the lock at the bottom of the skeleton stairway open up? And how do I kill the black knight?

That's no Knight! (That's my sister...8-) Actually, it's Lord Chaos,
and you can't kill him. The scrolls you've been finding told you what
you have to do to him (cage him, then fuse him). Once you attach the
gem to the staff, the stairs all close, because all that's left is to
defeat Lord C. The act of caging him succesfully, however, is one
that's sure to cause you hours of frustration, as I'm sure it did most
of the people who have finished. Since what I have said here is what
the scrolls tell you, this isn't a spoiler. Needless to say, then,
there is indeed a trick to the act of caging & fusing. Trial, error,
and some solid intuition should be enough to solve it for you. One
warning: at least the Atari version was known to have a bug which
could make the game "bomb" if Lord Chaos was not facing you when you
started to fuse him. This may have been cleared up for the Amiga. Any
of you reading this have/not have this problem?
     As for the Winged Key slot, you needn't worry about it if you've
already killed the you-know-what on L14. It's a quick way in & out.
Doug Yanega        (Snow Museum, Univ. of KS, Lawrence, KS 66045)
My card: 0 The Fool         "UT!"          Bitnet: Beeman@ukanvm
"This is my theory, such as it is....which is mine. AAH-HEM!"

scavanag@gara.une.oz.au (LIGHTCHILD) (11/05/90)

In article <1990Nov3.220905.12695@athena.mit.edu>, bwill@athena.mit.edu (Brian F Williams) writes:

>    I have gotten the powerstaff and the gem of power on the bottom level but I don't know what to do now.  There is a black knight on the level above who
> didn't die even after taking 3000 pts of damage.  The stairs up were also
> blocked off so the knight always killed my guys off after half an hour or so.
> What does the lock at the bottom of the skeleton stairway open up? And how do I kill the black knight?
>    I'm positive that I've almost won.  Has anyone heard of Chaos strikes back
> for the amiga yet?

wouldn't be using a CRACKED copy, by any chance? or how is it you don't know
Chaos even after giving him 3000 pts damage? use the firestaff, young jedi.

*NAME:Steven Cavanagh           *                                             *
*ADDRESS:scavanag@gara.une.oz   *   "I hate quotes!!"                         *
*TRUENAME:Lightchild            *                     -the scorpion           *
*STATUS:One hekkuva suave man   *                                             *

joed@sco.COM (Lemming in Lust) (03/28/91)

yes, i'm playing this, haven't even finished it yet... :)

i'm on the level with the floating eyes, and i'm in the grave
of claudius(?), explorer of combinations. outside of just pushing
tyhe four buttons at random to find the iron key & whatever else
is hidden, i don't know what to do with this room. am i missing
something terribly obvious? maybe i missed something else earlier?

joe
--
A loaf of bread, a jug of wine, a big TV with a hi-fi VCR and a nice stereo, a
full fridge, a microwave, a UNIX system, two phone lines, a high speed modem,

Stewart.Mckinnon@p0.f178.n221.z1.fidonet.org (Stewart Mckinnon) (03/30/91)

RE: ROOM WITH BUTTON COMBINATION.....I can't remember off-hand what
the combination of the buttons is...just try different combinations
- that's what I did - I will take note of which ones are pushed in

what order next time I play - but I don't recall it being that hard.....

--
Stewart Mckinnon - via FidoNet node 1:221/171
UUCP    : watmath!xenitec!zswamp!178.0!Stewart.Mckinnon

joed@sco.COM (setenv WALRUS green) (05/22/91)

somewhere on the 9th or so level, i find this lone room with a staircase
to it. the room has a chest in it, and the chest has a green gem and a
scroll in it. the scroll says "put the gem back...". what does this mean?
put the gem back in the chest? the room? somewhere in the dungeon? i've tried
stuff out, and haven't had anything interesting happen.

also, i seem to have a whole bunch of extra coins, and one key. have i missed
something on previous levels?

joe

Nothing in human affairs is worth any great anxiety.			--Plato

JTRQC@CUNYVM.BITNET (06/25/91)

Help...HOw do you kill The Knights in Armor?????   I have Two wizard
people who are very powerful...And I've tried Fire Bomb at maximum and
lighting bolt at max but I can't kill the dude..... Any hints...I have
two dead warriors HElp.......

johnu@syma.sussex.ac.uk (John E Upham) (06/26/91)

From article <91176.115940JTRQC@CUNYVM.BITNET>, by JTRQC@CUNYVM.BITNET:
> Help...HOw do you kill The Knights in Armor?????   I have Two wizard
> people who are very powerful...And I've tried Fire Bomb at maximum and
> lighting bolt at max but I can't kill the dude..... Any hints...I have
> two dead warriors HElp.......

  I simply used fighters and meleed them with morning stars. This
  does work if you have patience.

  john

--
John Upham, School of Molecular Sciences, University of Sussex, Brighton, UK.
Email: kapn1%cluster.susx.ac.uk@uk.ac (BITnet), kapn1@uk.ac.susx.cluster (Janet)

tagreen@lothario.ucs.indiana.edu (Todd Green) (06/27/91)

>> lighting bolt at max but I can't kill the dude..... Any hints...I have
>> two dead warriors HElp.......
>
>  I simply used fighters and meleed them with morning stars. This
>  does work if you have patience.

Quite a few 6th power fireballs never hurt either.  How's that for an
oxymoron?  Must be tired.....

Todd
--
Internet: tagreen@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu
NeXTMail: tagreen@lothario.ucs.indiana.edu

educate@vger.nsu.edu (06/27/91)

In article <5403@syma.sussex.ac.uk>, johnu@syma.sussex.ac.uk (John E Upham) writes:
> From article <91176.115940JTRQC@CUNYVM.BITNET>, by JTRQC@CUNYVM.BITNET:
>> Help...HOw do you kill The Knights in Armor?????   I have Two wizard
>> people who are very powerful...And I've tried Fire Bomb at maximum and
>> lighting bolt at max but I can't kill the dude..... Any hints...I have
>> two dead warriors HElp.......
>
>   I simply used fighters and meleed them with morning stars. This
>   does work if you have patience.
>
>   john

I prefer using fireballs on them, personally.  You need a lot of them, as
powerful as you can make them.  And it doesn't hurt to have a lot of vi
potions ready.  But if you have your guys ready with fireballs, protected
by a YA IR spell, and with full mana, you should be able to knock them out
fairly easily.

Jean

whitcomb@aurs01.UUCP (Jonathan Whitcomb) (06/27/91)

In article <1991Jun27.023257.6367@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu> tagreen@lothario.ucs.indiana.edu (Todd Green) writes:
+
+++ lighting bolt at max but I can't kill the dude..... Any hints...I have
+++ two dead warriors HElp.......
++
++  I simply used fighters and meleed them with morning stars. This
++  does work if you have patience.
+
+Quite a few 6th power fireballs never hurt either.  How's that for an
+oxymoron?  Must be tired.....

Feel free to blast away with Fireballs, Lightning, Poison Clouds and
Camel Stench, but here's a tip...

MAGIC DOESN'T WORK ON KNIGHTS!

Hack, slash and hurl.  Then run away and heal.  Don't cast.

Makes ya think twice about having a party of wimpy wizards, don't it?
Jonathan Whitcomb                    UUCP: <whitcomb%aurgate@mcnc.org>
Alcatel Network Systems, Raleigh, NC                GEnie: J.WHITCOMB3

andrew@cuenews.UUCP (Andrew Folkins) (06/30/91)

In <59948@aurs01.UUCP> whitcomb@aurxc3.UUCP (Jonathan Whitcomb) writes:
>MAGIC DOESN'T WORK ON KNIGHTS!
>
>Hack, slash and hurl.  Then run away and heal.  Don't cast.
>
>Makes ya think twice about having a party of wimpy wizards, don't it?

Of course there's the old favorite of dropping doors on them.  One pretty
simple trick is to drop them down the invisible pits.  For some reason
they don't survive the fall - either they take a *heck* of a lot of damage
from a one-level fall (all that armor ;-) or anything magical about them
doesn't work off that level.

Now, about that wimpy dragon ...

--
  Andrew Folkins  ...!{pembina.cs.UAlberta.CA,alberta}!edm!cuenews!andrew
  Newsfeed for the Amiga SIG of the Commodore Users of Edmonton (AmiCUE)

Everything you have just read is the result of quantum fluctuations in
the fabric of space-time caused by gravitation waves emitted by the
collision of two black holes, a cosmic string and a '57 Chevy.