[comp.sys.amiga.games] Cadaver

spierce@pnet01.cts.com (Stuart Pierce) (11/19/90)

The graphics in Cadaver are incredible, so I took a copy home.  It wouldn't
load.  I tried about a dozen times.  The computer store where I bought it
recommended that I have my floppy drive aligned and cleaned, but I find it
strange that I can load >60 other copy-protected games without a hitch.  It
did load first try on my dealer's machine.
I have an Amiga 2000, 1 MB Chip RAM, 2 MB 16-Bit Fast RAM, and 2 MB 32-Bit
Fast RAM.  The dealer's machine was the same.
Should I just try another copy or do I need to get my drive tuned up?  One
problem is that is is VERY difficult to return software to the dealers around
here.

Stuart Pierce

buffa@kish.inria.fr (Michel Buffa) (11/19/90)

In article <5717@crash.cts.com>, spierce@pnet01.cts.com (Stuart Pierce) writes:
> The graphics in Cadaver are incredible, so I took a copy home.  It wouldn't
> load.  I tried about a dozen times.  The computer store where I bought it
> recommended that I have my floppy drive aligned and cleaned, but I find it
> strange that I can load >60 other copy-protected games without a hitch.  It
> did load first try on my dealer's machine.
> I have an Amiga 2000, 1 MB Chip RAM, 2 MB 16-Bit Fast RAM, and 2 MB 32-Bit
> Fast RAM.  The dealer's machine was the same.
> Should I just try another copy or do I need to get my drive tuned up?  One
> problem is that is is VERY difficult to return software to the dealers around
> here.
>
> Stuart Pierce

You must go to your computer store and ask them to check your drive. I NEVER
had any problems with loading copy protected software on my Amiga 2000, and
it's 3 years old. All psygnosis loaded correctly, and I bootes Shadow of the
beast 1 hundred of times. I really think that some drives weren't set
correctly at the time they've been sold.
ANYWAY, you must do that, because CADAVER is a very very good game. One of the
best addictive ones I played these last months. Certainly the best
Adventure/RPG game with Dunjeon Master.
When you'll have made it work, please mail me, because I've got some problems
finding the exit of level 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

                       HEY EVERYBODY, BUY CADAVER !!!!!
Michel Buffa:       Projet Robotvis, INRIA, France

    Internet:       buffa@sardaigne.inria.fr
Surface Mail:       Michel BUFFA, INRIA - Sophia Antipolis,
                    2004, route des Lucioles, 06565 Valbonne Cedex -- FRANCE
 Voice phone:       (33) 93.65.78.39, Fax: (33) 93 65 77 65

brianh@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (Brian Holscher) (01/02/91)

	I am stuck on level 5.  I have gotten through the three skull locks
(jet, tiger eye, turquoise), but there is a skull lock needing bloodstones.
I have two bloodstones but the skull will not accept them.  The skull also
zaps my stamina.
	Any help would be appreciated.  Also, has anybody finished Cadaver.
Is there only 5 levels or more?

						Brian Holscher
						brianh@eecs.ee.pdx.edu

jimg@ducvax.auburn.edu (01/12/91)

Brian
   I'm at the same spot you are on Cadaver but I have no bloodstones, I have
jade but they don't work either. Do you have the jade and where did you find
the bloodstones ?
                        Help,
                        Barry
                        jimg@ducvax.auburn.edu

brianh@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (Brian Holscher) (01/12/91)

jimg@ducvax.auburn.edu writes:

>Brian
>   I'm at the same spot you are on Cadaver but I have no bloodstones, I have
>jade but they don't work either. Do you have the jade and where did you find
>the bloodstones ?
>                        Help,
>                        Barry
>                        jimg@ducvax.auburn.edu

Barry
	Back a few rooms, a room with a keyhole, a chest, and lever.   There
are 2 empty caskets.  One green and one red.  Take the red casket into the
next room and drop it.  Return to green casket.  If you put a jade in the green
then open the red, a bloodstone will pop out.  Repeat for other jade.
However, if you do this in the room that you found the caskets, you won't
be able to move into the next room.  It says you are carrying a restricted
item.
	Bloodstones still do not seem to work.  Let us know if you can get
any farther.

						Brian
						brianh@eecs.ee.pdx.edu

jimg@ducvax.auburn.edu (01/22/91)

Brian thanks for the help we have gone on to solve it. Let the skull zap you
and it should dtop just before you reach zero then you can continue.post or
email if you need more help.
                        Barry
                         jimg@ducvax.auburn.edu

andrewdm@mullauna.cs.mu.OZ.AU (Andrew Duncan MACDONALD) (06/30/91)

How do you get the crown of kings to get past the dragons door?
I presume it is in the room next to the ante chamber but I cannot enter.