[comp.sys.amiga.games] Patch Program on fish disks

dylan@june.cs.washington.edu (Dylan McNamee) (06/30/91)

I found a program somewhere in the fish collection, called FreeCopy, which
has a library of patches to deprotect/hard-diskify programs.  It has
a parameter for  Faery Tale Adventure, but I haven't tried it, because
I don't own the game.  It has made Targis nineteen times more enjoyable
from my hard disk, though. Emerald Mine is infinitely more enjoyable,
because after playing it once, and hearing the noises the CP made my
drive do, and the fact my drives mysteriously started having disk errors,
I hadn't even played it again.

I don't know which fish it was on, because I got it from a BBS, which had
the readme.fnf file, but no other reference.  My fish index stops at 480,
and it wasn't there.  Source is included, and it's quite small.  I recommend
that it would be a great distribution format for patches.

Especially for old games, Hard Disk installability is a way to rejuvinate
interest.

dylan
--
dylan mcnamee             / "I stood there on the sidewalk, Roy Rogers
dylan@cs.washington.edu \/lunchpail in my hand.  Then I heard sweet children's

frank@hfsi.UUCP (Frank McPherson) (06/30/91)

In article <1991Jun29.234325.20658@beaver.cs.washington.edu> dylan@june.cs.washington.edu (Dylan McNamee) writes:
>I don't know which fish it was on, because I got it from a BBS, which had
>the readme.fnf file, but no other reference.  My fish index stops at 480,
>and it wasn't there.  Source is included, and it's quite small.  I recommend
>that it would be a great distribution format for patches.

I just checked.  It's on Fred Fish 498.

Long live the Aquarium!

--
- Frank McPherson	INTERNET: emcphers@manu.cs.vt.edu -