[alt.security] GNU

spl@cs.nps.navy.mil (steve lamont) (08/13/90)

In article <WS35XWE@ficc.ferranti.com> peter@ficc.ferranti.com (Peter da Silva) writes:
> [something or another about GNU]

Can we please drop this discussion from alt.computers.folklore?  So far, a.c.f
has managed to remain collegial and fairly flame free... I'd hate to see it go
the way of alt.religion.computers, which was fairly light hearted until the
GNU issue came up.

Thanks to all.

							spl (the p stands for
							probably get pretty
							blistered for
							suggesting this.)
--
Steve Lamont, SciViGuy -- (408) 646-2752
NPS Confuser Center, Code 0141/Naval Postgraduate School Monterey, CA 93940

In article <1206@cs.nps.navy.mil> spl@cs.nps.navy.mil (steve lamont) writes:
> In article <WS35XWE@ficc.ferranti.com> peter@ficc.ferranti.com (Peter da Silva) writes:
> > [something or another about GNU]

> Can we please drop this discussion from alt.computers.folklore?  So far, a.c.f
> has managed to remain collegial and fairly flame free... I'd hate to see it go
> the way of alt.religion.computers, which was fairly light hearted until the
> GNU issue came up.

I apologise. I tend to fly off the handle whenever someone starts equating
free software with the Free Software Foundation. I have this feeling that if
people keep saying something without anyone raising a dissenting voice it will
eventually be seen as true, regardless of the facts in the matter. This is not
an appropriate forum for this debate, and I at least will drop the subject
forthwith.

I do question whether alt.folklore.computers (alt.computers.folklore?) was
ever an appropriate group for the original discussion subject (computer
crime). I didn't notice it in the original newsgroups line, but that might
just be me.
--
NAME: Peter da Silva.   WOLF: `-_-'
PSTN: +1 713 274 5180.         'U`