[alt.security] References to "Trusted Database Interpretation"; where to get it?

Steinar.Haug@delab.sintef.no (Steinar Haug) (06/22/91)

Computerworld says in the June 10, 1991 issue that NCSC has (finally :-)
published the Trusted Database Management System Interpretation of the
"Orange Book". This is something many of us have been waiting for quite
a while now... so: Can anybody give me a bibliographic reference to the
TDI, and also tell me from where it can be obtained? (I already have the
"Orange Book".)

Steinar Haug, system/networks administrator
SINTEF DELAB, University of Trondheim, NORWAY
Email: Steinar.Haug@delab.sintef.no,
	sthaug@idt.unit.no, steinar@tosca.er.sintef.no

mtv@milton.u.washington.edu (David Schanen) (06/22/91)

In article <1991Jun21.224428*Steinar.Haug@delab.sintef.no> Steinar.Haug@delab.sintef.no (Steinar Haug) writes:
>Computerworld says in the June 10, 1991 issue that NCSC has (finally :-)
>published the Trusted Database Management System Interpretation of the
>"Orange Book". This is something many of us have been waiting for quite
>a while now...

   You can say that again!  Someone *please* post the info on where to obtain
this.  Is it the same place that is constantly posted in response to 'where can
I get the rainbow series?'?

   I remember hearing that there was a European Interpretation under
development also, can anyone enlighten us to the name of it?

 Inet: mtv@milton.u.washington.edu  * 8kyu *  UUNET: ...uunet!uw-beaver!u!mtv

faigin@aero.org (Daniel P. Faigin) (06/24/91)

Copies of the TDI should be available from the same source as the Orange Book:

You can receive one complimentary copy of the "rainbow" series of computer
security manuals by calling 301.766.8729 or 301.688.8742 or writing:

  Department of Defense
  National Security Agency
  ATTN: S332
  9800 Savage Road
  Ft George G. Meade, MD 20755-6000

--
[W]:The Aerospace Corp. M1/055 * POB 92957 * LA, CA 90009-2957 * 213/336-8228
[Email]:faigin@aerospace.aero.org               [Vmail]:213/336-5454 Box#3149

jfh@rpp386.cactus.org (John F Haugh II) (06/27/91)

In article <FAIGIN.91Jun24075131@sunstroke.aero.org> faigin@aero.org (Daniel P. Faigin) writes:
>Copies of the TDI should be available from the same source as the Orange Book:
>
>You can receive one complimentary copy of the "rainbow" series of computer
>security manuals by calling 301.766.8729 or 301.688.8742 or writing:

Could someone provide the GPO number for that document.  I already received
my "free set" and only need the TDI.
--
John F. Haugh II        | Distribution to  | UUCP: ...!cs.utexas.edu!rpp386!jfh
Ma Bell: (512) 255-8251 | GEnie PROHIBITED :-) |  Domain: jfh@rpp386.cactus.org