[comp.robotics] PUMA disk copy

stoehr@irf.UUCP (Uwe Stoehr) (08/23/90)

In article <1990Aug10.165921.20779@hellgate.utah.edu> gunderse%croc.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (Eric Gundersen) writes:
>Subject: PUMA 'disk copy' command
>
>Sender:Eric H Gundersen (gunderse@cs.utah.edu)
>While the subjuct of PUMA is up:
>
>	Our PUMA 560 manual is lacking a few pages (actually the disk drive
>manual for the controller). We would like to make some backups of the VAL II
>disks etc but dont know the command to do this. Can anyone that has a puma
>look up this 'disk copy' command. We've tried everything you would think it
>would be without any luck.

Just a few days ago I had the same problem. I wanted to make a backup copy
of our PUMA system disk and I couldn't find any instructions in the manual, too.
You may try the following procedure:
Use a AT with MS-DOS and the utility software COPY II - PC Release 5.01
from Central Point Software, Inc.
Since the PUMA disk is in the MFM, 80 track format use the following
commandline:

	copyiipc a: a: /SRC=720k /TGT=720k

This worked fine for my configuration.

Good luck
uwe

Uwe Stoehr University of Dortmund, Institute of Robotics Research, FRG