[comp.robotics] MOVIT robots

cearl@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu (Charles Earl) (09/26/90)

There was a posting some time ago about some minimalist "toy"
robots that went under the name "MOVIT". Does anyone know
the maker?

--C. Earl

mark@flamingo.Stanford.EDU (Mark Hosang Yim) (10/05/90)

In article <1906@anaxagoras.ils.nwu.edu> cearl@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu (Charles Earl) writes:
>There was a posting some time ago about some minimalist "toy"
>robots that went under the name "MOVIT". Does anyone know
>the maker?
>
>--C. Earl

OWI Incorporated
in Compton, CA

-- Mark Yim
mark@flamingo.stanford.edu

misha@teenage-mutant.ai.mit.edu (Mike Bolotski) (10/05/90)

In article <1990Oct4.224537.2729@Neon.Stanford.EDU> mark@flamingo.Stanford.EDU (Mark Hosang Yim) writes:
>In article <1906@anaxagoras.ils.nwu.edu> cearl@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu (Charles Earl) writes:
>>There was a posting some time ago about some minimalist "toy"
>>robots that went under the name "MOVIT". Does anyone know
>>the maker?
>>
>OWI Incorporated
>in Compton, CA

Then again, there's always the MOBOTs. I'd say they're as minimalist
as robots currently get, especially in the 'gnat' reincarnation.

Mike Bolotski          Artificial Intelligence Laboratory, MIT
misha@ai.mit.edu       Cambridge, MA