[comp.robotics] Robot Olympics: Details please

mwtilden@watmath.waterloo.edu (M.W.Tilden, Hardware) (10/23/90)

A contact in England recently informed me that there was an
International Robot Olympics of some sort in London.  Competitor robots
had to walk, carry, climb, jump and other things.  Some six
events in all.  Does anybody have any detailed information on what
this competition is and who I could write to for rules and upcoming events?

Thanx in advance.

Is all.

--
Mark Tilden: _-_-_-__--__--_      /(glitch!)  M.F.C.F Hardware Design Lab.
-_-___       |              \  /\/            U of Waterloo. Ont. Can, N2L-3G1

cam@aipna.ed.ac.uk (Chris Malcolm) (10/24/90)

In article <1990Oct23.004457.1841@watmath.waterloo.edu> mwtilden@watmath.waterloo.edu (M.W.Tilden, Hardware) writes:

>A contact in England recently informed me that there was an
>International Robot Olympics of some sort in London.

Typical English ignorance and chauvinism! The First International Robot
Olympics was held at Strathclyde University, GLASGOW, SCOTLAND! on Sept
27-28. It was organised by the Turing Institute of Glasgow. I will let
them publish their address as they will -- they've already had to
install special agricultural shredding machinery to deal with their junk
mail :-)
--
Chris Malcolm    cam@uk.ac.ed.aipna   031 667 1011 x2550
Department of Artificial Intelligence, Edinburgh University