[comp.robotics] Information needed on mobile robots

rho@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca (Raymond Ho) (11/20/90)

Hi,

	I need some information about the companies which make mobile
robots. Names, Address, phone numbers and preferably the information
about the mobile robots they make.

Thanks very much.

						Ray

mikec@allspice.lcs.mit.edu (Mike Ciholas) (11/20/90)

In article <274814AA.25045> rho@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca (Raymond Ho) writes:
>Hi,
>	I need some information about the companies which make mobile
>robots. Names, Address, phone numbers and preferably the information
>about the mobile robots they make.
>
>Thanks very much.
>						Ray

Check out RWI, Inc. who make a 12 inch synchro-drive base.  The base
can carry 20 kilograms payload at 1.5 to 2 meters per second and has
omnidirectional steering control.  An optional card cage is available
that can contain single height VME or a G64/96 bus backplane.  The
card cage has panels around it that are suitable for mounting sensors
such as sonars, IRs, and cameras.

To find out more contact:

	Grinnell More
	RWI, Inc.
	P.O. Box 270
	Dublin, NH 03444
	(603) 563-8871

Other bases are made by TRC (differentially steered) and Denning
(synchrodrive and larger).  I don't have numbers or addresses handy.

Disclaimer: I have an on-going professional relationship with RWI.

Mike Ciholas

mikec@lcs.mit.edu