[comp.robotics] Polaroid Ultra Sonic Ranging Sensors

kube@cs.UAlberta.CA (Ron Kube) (01/16/91)

I am looking for a source for the Polaroid Ultra Sonic Ranging Sensor.  I have
an old address for Polaroid:  Polaroid Corporation, Ultrasonic Ranging Marketing
, 1 Upland Road, Norwood, MA 02062.  Does anyone know if this is still current?
Polaroid use to offer a designer's kit, is it still available?  A source for a
low cost version, ie. a used Polaroid Camera, used or surplus would be greatly
appreciated.
Thanks,

Ron Kube

jayrajan@cs.umn.edu (Vijay Rajan) (01/16/91)

In article <kube.663966652@menaik> kube@cs.UAlberta.CA (Ron Kube) writes:
>I am looking for a source for the Polaroid Ultra Sonic Ranging Sensor.  I have
>an old address for Polaroid:  Polaroid Corporation, Ultrasonic Ranging Marketing
>, 1 Upland Road, Norwood, MA 02062.  Does anyone know if this is still current?
>Polaroid use to offer a designer's kit, is it still available?  A source for a
>low cost version, ie. a used Polaroid Camera, used or surplus would be greatly
>appreciated.
>Thanks,
>
>Ron Kube

The january issue of Circuit Cellar INK has an advertisement for a Sonar
Ranging experimenters kit which can be hooked up to the parallel port
of a computer. The cost for the Ultrasonic Ranging Board + transducer
is listed a $79.

The address given is
	Circuit Cellar Inc.
	4 Park Street * Suite 12 * Vernon CT 06066
	(203)875-2751

-Vijay

    Vijay Rajan               |    jayrajan@umn-cs.cs.umn.edu
    Dept of Computer Science  |    University of Minnesota

jim@psitech.com (Jim Rothrock) (01/18/91)

In article <kube.663966652@menaik> kube@cs.UAlberta.CA (Ron Kube) writes:
>I am looking for a source for the Polaroid Ultra Sonic Ranging Sensor.  I have
>an old address for Polaroid:  Polaroid Corporation, Ultrasonic Ranging Marketing
>, 1 Upland Road, Norwood, MA 02062.  Does anyone know if this is still current?
>Polaroid use to offer a designer's kit, is it still available?

On page 71 of the November 1990 issue of NASA Tech Briefs, there is an
ad for Polaroid's Ultrasonic Ranging System.  They offer the Designer's
Kit for $165.  The address given in the ad is:

Polaroid Corporation
Ultrasonic Components Group
119 Windsor Street
Cambridge, MA 02139

The ad says that if you have questions you should call Polaroid's
Applications Engineers at (617) 577-4681.  You should really get a copy
of the ad.  They mention three different types of ultrasonic transducers
that you might be interested in.
--
Jim Rothrock    | Disclaimer: My opinions do *not* represent the opinions
jim@psitech.com | of PsiTech, Inc.