[comp.robotics] LEGO LOGO RETRACTION

rrevere@vdoe386.vak12ed.edu (Ron Revere) (03/07/91)

A few days ago I posted an article extol;ling the virtues of a
new computer product just made available by LEGO Dacta. Someone
found this article too commercial for USNET and so I am hereby
retracting it and apologizing for posting it. I will never share
such information on USNET again!!  Ron Revere

pkenny@ADS.COM (Patrick Kenny) (03/07/91)

In article <1991Mar6.221922.14056@vdoe386.vak12ed.edu> rrevere@vdoe386.vak12ed.edu (Ron Revere) writes:

>A few days ago I posted an article extol;ling the virtues of a
>new computer product just made available by LEGO Dacta. Someone
>found this article too commercial for USNET and so I am hereby
>retracting it and apologizing for posting it. I will never share
>such information on USNET again!!  Ron Revere

I'm sorry to hear this, I found the information very useful. I have been
looking for a place I could contact about LEGO LOGO and their products
for quite awhile. Posting this information was not for personal profit to
you, so I don't see how anyone could flame you for it.

This is suppose to be a free information society. I fear this is the start
of a larger problem we will face in the future.

-pk
----------

rdominy@kong.gsfc.nasa.gov (Robert Dominy) (03/08/91)

In article <1991Mar6.221922.14056@vdoe386.vak12ed.edu>
rrevere@vdoe386.vak12ed.edu (Ron Revere) writes:
> A few days ago I posted an article extol;ling the virtues of a
> new computer product just made available by LEGO Dacta. Someone
> found this article too commercial for USNET and so I am hereby...

As another poster has already stated, your message was appreaciated
by myself and I'm sure others.  Whoever is pestering you is off-base
and probably just doesn't have anything better to do than waste net
bandwidth.

-------------------------------
Robert Dominy
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center

hollombe@ttidca.TTI.COM (The Polymath) (03/08/91)

In article <1991Mar6.221922.14056@vdoe386.vak12ed.edu> rrevere@vdoe386.vak12ed.edu (Ron Revere) writes:
}
}A few days ago I posted an article extol;ling the virtues of a
}new computer product just made available by LEGO Dacta. Someone
}found this article too commercial for USNET and so I am hereby
}retracting it and apologizing for posting it. I will never share
}such information on USNET again!!  Ron Revere

Ouch!  Don't let one self-appointed, over-zealous net.cop discourage you.
The information was useful and not posted for personal profit.  That puts
it well within net guidelines.

I hope the original poster sees this.  We don't get the schools.* groups,
so I can only post to comp.robotics.

--
The Polymath (aka: Jerry Hollombe, M.A., CDP, aka: hollombe@ttidca.tti.com)
Head Robot Wrangler at Citicorp                   Illegitimis non

jack@rml.UUCP (jack hagerty) (03/08/91)

In article <1991Mar6.221922.14056@vdoe386.vak12ed.edu> rrevere@vdoe386.vak12ed.edu (Ron Revere) writes:

>A few days ago I posted an article extol;ling the virtues of a
>new computer product just made available by LEGO Dacta. Someone
>found this article too commercial for USNET and so I am hereby
>retracting it and apologizing for posting it. I will never share
>such information on USNET again!!  Ron Revere

I find this very dissapointing. I have a four year old son who is
absolutely fascinated with robots (and other automated machines) and not
just because that's what his old man does for a living. He is getting to
the age where we can start doing creative projects rather than just buying
off-the-shelf type toys.

I was very glad to find out about the existance of this LEGO product
since it fits the bill for what I (unknowingly) had been looking for.

I'm sorry you got flamed, Ron. If you run into this sort of product
anywhere else, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know. Direct e-mail
might be safer :-)

- Jack

||Jack Hagerty, Robotic Midwives, Ltd.        jack@rml.UUCP (smart mailers)||
||Livermore, CA		       ...!uunet!lll-winken!rml!jack (dumb mailers)||
||(415) 455-1143	   jack%rml@lll-winken.llnl.gov (desperate mailers)||
||-------------------------------------------------------------------------||
||The problem with doing nothing is you never know when you're done - Grimm||

griest@ajpo.sei.cmu.edu (Tom Griest) (03/09/91)

When I saw the message on LEGO dacta I made a special note of it,
and called the next day for information.  I received it today just
before reading my net mail and was pleased to learn of this
resource (even if I decide not to take advantage of it).  I
believe finding out about what products are available is one
of the more useful things I learn reading net mail.  Don't
let this one negative comment deter further postings of this kind.

   Tom Griest
   griest@ajpo.sei.cmu.edu

ssridhar@pase60.Convergent.Com (Srinivasan Sridhar) (03/13/91)

In article <764@ajpo.sei.cmu.edu> griest@ajpo.sei.cmu.edu (Tom Griest) writes:

>When I saw the message on LEGO dacta I made a special note of it,
>and called the next day for information.  I received it today just
>before reading my net mail and was pleased to learn of this
>resource (even if I decide not to take advantage of it).  I
>believe finding out about what products are available is one
>of the more useful things I learn reading net mail.  Don't
>let this one negative comment deter further postings of this kind.
>
>   Tom Griest
>   griest@ajpo.sei.cmu.edu

Since I did not notice the original post, could someone post/e-mail (ahem!)
me the address of LOGO LEGO ?

Thanks

--Sridhar

Srinivasan Sridhar 	D o D #0231		ssridhar@convergent.com
UNIX Systems Group, UNISYS NCG, San Jose, CA    (408) 435-7660