[comp.robotics] mobile robot platforms, legged robots

lisa@bilby.cs.uwa.oz.au (Lisa Beckley) (04/22/91)

I recently posted to the network requesting information on
commercially available small robots under A$5,000.

Our interest has now been expanded (as has our budget) to
include mobile robot platforms and legged robots,
for use in our research.

If anyone has any information could they please email me.
I would appreciate a quick response.

Thanks,
Lisa Beckley

lisa@cs.uwa.oz.au
Department of Computer Science
The University of Western Australia

mikec@allspice.lcs.mit.edu (Mike Ciholas) (04/22/91)

In article <> lisa@bilby.cs.uwa.oz.au (Lisa Beckley) writes:
>Our interest has now been expanded (as has our budget) to
>include mobile robot platforms and legged robots,
>for use in our research.
>
>If anyone has any information could they please email me.
>I would appreciate a quick response.
>
>Thanks,
>Lisa Beckley
>
>lisa@cs.uwa.oz.au
>Department of Computer Science
>The University of Western Australia

I would encourage you to contact RWI, Inc. to get information on their
mobile robotic platforms and systems.  I know they make a small
versatile robot base, as well as some auxiliary hardware (such as a
card cage, computer system, and sonar drivers).

Contact:
	Grinnell More
	RWI, Inc.
	P.O. Box 270
	Dublin, NH 03444
	(603) 563-8871

Mike Ciholas
mikec@lcs.mit.edu

Disclaimer: I have worked for RWI.

schultz@ai.mew.mei.co.jp (Bob Schultz) (05/07/91)

>Our interest has now been expanded (as has our budget) to include
>mobile robot platforms and legged robots, for use in our research.

>If anyone has any information could they please email me.  I would
>appreciate a quick response.

>I would encourage you to contact RWI, Inc. to get information on their
>mobile robotic platforms and systems.  I know they make a small
>versatile robot base, as well as some auxiliary hardware (such as a
>card cage, computer system, and sonar drivers).

>Contact:
>	Grinnell More
>	RWI, Inc.
>	P.O. Box 270
>	Dublin, NH 03444
>	(603) 563-8871

Here's a few more wheeled mobile platform manufacturers in no particular order:

TRC (Transitions Research Corporation)
15 Great Pasture Rd
Danbury, CT 06810 USA
(203) 798-8988

Yamazaki Construction Co., Ltd.
Kaika Bldg., 2-7-1 Sotokanda
Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101
Japan
81 (03) 5256-0715

Denning Mobile Robotics, Inc.
21 Concord Street
Wilmington, MA 01887 USA
(508) 658-7800

Cybermotion
5457 Aerospace Road
Roanoke, VA 24014 USA
(703) 982-2641

Robosoft
15/17
rue de Verdun 92600
Asnieres France
33 1 47 33 98 70

Hope this helps.

-bob

----

 Robert J. Schultz
 Artificial Intelligence Research Lab       telephone:    (81) 06-908-6835
 Matsushita Electric Works, Ltd.            facsimile:    (81) 06-906-6052
 1048, Kadoma, Kadoma-shi                   e-mail:  schultz@mew.mei.co.jp
 Osaka 571, Japan