[comp.robotics] Motorola EVB boards for the MC68HC11

pkahn@ADS.COM (Philip Kahn) (05/23/91)

I have a microcontroller-based control system I am developing. After a
long search, I am convinced that the MC68HC11 will fit my needs for
now and for most future projects: it has built in serial communications,
built-in timer, 8-bit A/D converter, 512 bytes EEPROM, 256 bytes RAM,
etc. (see Dec 90/Jan 91 Circuit Cellar Ink).

I am looking to find an EVB (evaluation board) that Motorola produces
for the MC68HC11. WHERE CAN I FIND THEM?!!

Thanks,
phil...

winans@sirius.mcs.anl.gov (John Winans) (05/23/91)

In article <udwcxj0qpa@ads.com> pkahn@ADS.COM (Philip Kahn) writes:
>I have a microcontroller-based control system I am developing. After a
>long search, I am convinced that the MC68HC11 will fit my needs for
>now and for most future projects: it has built in serial communications,
>built-in timer, 8-bit A/D converter, 512 bytes EEPROM, 256 bytes RAM,
>etc. (see Dec 90/Jan 91 Circuit Cellar Ink).
>
>I am looking to find an EVB (evaluation board) that Motorola produces
>for the MC68HC11. WHERE CAN I FIND THEM?!!

Not the real thing... but maybe it will do:

I feel the same way about the 68HC11 stuff.  I was not happy with the prices
of the stuff I had seen in the backs of the compu-rags... but if you look on
page #108 of the Ciucuit Cellar, there is some company named "Minotaur Systems"
that is selling a 68HC11 board that has 32K of flash EPROM & 8K static RAM.
They claim generous prototyping space, but the whole thing is on a 5x5 board...
you think about it.  Uhmmm... 5 volt operation & a PC based assembler &
downloading program.

I think I am going to pick one up & check it out.  They are only asking $109
for the version w/the flash EPROM... $84 for one without.

DISCALIMER - I never even herd of Minotaur before last evening when I read
their ad in CC ink.  So this is not an advertisement.

--John

--
! John Winans                     Advanced Computing Research Facility  !
! winans@mcs.anl.gov              Argonne National Laboratory, Illinois !