[comp.robotics] Know anything about Vedako?SCDOWN

the@ciit85.ciit.nrc.ca (06/06/91)

In article <30425@hydra.gatech.EDU>, gt8963a@prism.gatech.EDU (MCCARTNEY,JEFFREY ELWOOD) writes:
> I'm thinking about seriously looking into using Vedako and its robotic arm
> products.  Can anyone tell me about this Oakville, Ontario company?
>
> Who calls the shots, Vedako or their owner, Agri?
>
> What are their other products?
>
> Are they making a healthy profit in these troubled times.
> What are the people behind the product like?
> What is their market share?
> Are their products high, middle or low-end?
> Are they a class-act company in general?
> And anything else about the company in general.
>
> Thank you.
>
> --
>
> uucp:	  ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!gt8963a
> Internet: gt8963a@prism.gatech.edu

The Company name should be "Vadeko" instead of  "Vedako".
It is a Missisauga/Ontario Company instead of an Oakville/Ont Company.

There are two articles that can answer some of your questions:
1.From "Automation Systems" May 1991 published by Kerwill Publications Ltd.
  The Title of the article: "NASA orders World Largest robots"
2.From:"Canadian Machinery and Metalworking" May 1991, Publ: Maclean Hunter
  Ltd.- Toronto.
  The Title of the article:"Vadeko awarded $20.4 Million Robotic Contract"

  I hope these information will help you further.

  Gwan The