2.  open chains,
3.  closed chains.

Many thanks from Chris

puchm@cutmcvax.cs.curtin.edu.au (RichardPuchmayer) (06/27/91)

c_brown@g2.brispoly.ac.uk (Chris Brown - Transputer Centre Researcher) writes:

	Don't take this as authorative:

>Would somebody explain the following:
>1.  kinematic chains,
	A number of bodies or links (usually rigid) connected by joints.
	Kinematic chains in particular are worked using only position of
	the links and the angle of the joints rather than forces and
	torques.
>2.  open chains,
	A chain (kinematic or otherwise) which has no loops. ie if you
	start at any link and only follow joints you cannot get back to
	the original link.
>3.  closed chains.
	A chain with a loop.

>Many thanks from Chris

	Hope this helps,
		Richard.

PS: If somebody has a list of these terms, I would appreciate a copy :-).
--
Richard Puchmayer == puchm@cutmcvax.cs.curtin.edu.au   | Some of us are poets,
Masters Student at Curtin University of Technology, WA.|  some of us are not!