[comp.sys.mac.comm] Mactcp with ncsa telnet

mfi@serc.cis.ufl.edu (Mark Interrante) (05/02/90)

I just received mactcp and I would like to make telnet 2.3 run with it instead
of the default way I have been using for the last year.  Can somenone tell me
the change to make in the confg.tel?  or do I need a new version of telnet?

Thanks,
Mark

Mark Interrante   		  Software Engineering Research Center
mfi@beach.cis.ufl.edu		  CIS Department, University of Florida 32611
Quote from a west Texas farmer  "status quo is Latin for the mess we're in."

pwrg6481@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (05/03/90)

You need the MacTCP version of NCSA Telnet 2.3. Get it from
zaphod.ncsa.uiuc.edu out here.

pr
--
Pete Resnick             (...so what is a mojo, and why would one be rising?)
Graduate assistant - Philosophy Department, Gregory Hall, UIUC

gaige@intercon.com (Gaige B. Paulsen) (05/04/90)

In article <23074@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU>, mfi@serc.cis.ufl.edu (Mark Interrante)
writes:
> I just received mactcp and I would like to make telnet 2.3 run with it instead
> of the default way I have been using for the last year.  Can somenone tell me
> the change to make in the confg.tel?  or do I need a new version of telnet?

The latter.  You will need a new version of NCSA Telnet (version 2.3-A was
what I used to name them, it may be 2.3-MacTCP(tm) now).  It should be on
the disk if you got it from NCSA, or you can FTP it from zaphod.ncsa.uiuc.edu
(128.174.20.50).

Gaige B. Paulsen
InterCon Systems Corporation--