[comp.sys.mac.comm] RICE server doesn't break up big files?

robert@polari.UUCP (robert) (05/04/90)

In article <29@hite386.UUCP>, steve@hite386.UUCP (Steve Hite) writes:

>   I was trying to get all-files.txt (~98K) from the Mac archives at Rice
> University via their mail archiving system, listserv.  I get a message
> from the server telling me the file is going to arrive and its size.  However,
> the file never gets here ...
>   Is there a way to tell ricevm1 to break up the file before sending it?
> Thanks for any replys!

I have the same problem - small files arrive just fine but large files
don't get here. I get the same message from the server saying the file
will arrive. If you find a solution to this problem, please post it here!
Thanks.

  Robert Riebman
  NorthWest Information Technology
  P.O. Box 3156