[comp.sys.mac.comm] AppleTalk protocol spec

dce@smsc.sony.com (David Elliott) (05/04/90)

Does anyone know of a good AppleTalk protocol document?  We have the
Apple networking manual, but our networking guy would like something
that gives the packet types and field meanings in a comprehensive
format so he can look at the packets using a Sniffer.  The Apple
book may have all the data, but it's all spread out and hard to
go through quickly.

--
David Elliott
dce@smsc.sony.com | ...!{uunet,mips}!sonyusa!dce

rmh@apple.com (Rick Holzgrafe) (05/05/90)

In article <1990May4.133842.11303@smsc.sony.com> dce@smsc.sony.com (David
Elliott) writes:
> Does anyone know of a good AppleTalk protocol document?  We have the
> Apple networking manual, but [...]

I'm not sure what you mean by the "Apple networking manual". The Bible for
AppleTalk protocols is "Inside AppleTalk" from Addison-Wesley, ISBN
0-201-19257-8.

Rick Holzgrafe              |    {sun,voder,nsc,mtxinu,dual}!apple!rmh
Software Engineer           | AppleLink HOLZGRAFE1          rmh@apple.com
Apple Computer, Inc.        |  "All opinions expressed are mine, and do
20525 Mariani Ave. MS: 77-A |    not necessarily represent those of my
Cupertino, CA 95014         |        employer, Apple Computer Inc."