[comp.sys.mac.comm] Single Server problem

RCW101@psuvm.psu.edu (The Fiend) (05/04/90)

Yes. I ran into this same problem. Installing the Desktop Manager fixed it.
Another strange thing happened then, though: I lost all of my Icons and had
to rebuild the desktop after I shut the server down. Has anyone else come
across this problem?

|-------------- Ron Woodley: President, Fiend Productions, Ltd. --------------|
| RCW101@PSUVM.BITNET       | "He is a superhero, ex-clergyman, ex-politician,|
| RCW101@PSUVM.PSU.EDU      | physicist, spy, and card-carrying satyr on a    |
| RCW101%PSUVM@PSUVAX1.uucp | rampage through the welts and crevices of time  |
| RCW101@PSUBIT             | ...an antic, vibra-gun-toting womanizer of the  |
| RCW101@PSUVMXA            | highest order."           - The Washington Post |
|___________________________|_________________________________________________|

dhsieh@topaz.rutgers.edu (David Shea) (05/05/90)

In article <90123.152405RCW101@psuvm.psu.edu> RCW101@psuvm.psu.edu (The Fiend) writes:
>Yes. I ran into this same problem. Installing the Desktop Manager fixed it.
>Another strange thing happened then, though: I lost all of my Icons and had
>to rebuild the desktop after I shut the server down. Has anyone else come
>across this problem?

I don't have this problem, but I do have something similar.  All I get
are generic icons on the server's client.  Is this just because
SingleShare doesn't support icons on the client or am I doing someting wrong?

toster@watson.bcm.tmc.edu (Tom Oster) (05/05/90)

Fiend) writes:
> I ran into this same problem. Installing the Desktop Manager fixed it.
> Another strange thing happened then, though: I lost all of my Icons and
had
> to rebuild the desktop after I shut the server down. Has anyone else come
> across this problem?

The docs to Oscar state that it is necessary to rebuild the desktop after
installing the Desktop Manager.  That just part of the charm of the
Desktop Manager.

Tom Oster - Computing Resource Center
Baylor College of Medicine
toster@watson.bcm.tmc.edu