[comp.sys.mac.comm] save setting in MacLayers

ghe@comphy.PHYSICS.ORST.EDU (Guangliang He) (05/05/90)

I got MacLayers running on a IBM RT with BSD4.3 and my SE/30 at home. It is
a nice package. But I have a little problem with it. Everytime I start the
MacLayers on my mac, I have to reset the baud rate to 2400. It's kind of
anoying although I can live with it. Is there any way I could save the
setting in a file any load it up next time I start the MacLayers?

Thanks in adavance.

Answer in email please. I will summarize if there is enough interest.

Guangliang He

ghe@PHYSICS.ORST.EDU
hegl@ORSTVM.BITNET

halam@umnd-cpe-cola.d.umn.edu (haseen alam) (05/05/90)

In article <18059@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU> ghe@comphy.PHYSICS.ORST.EDU (Guangliang He) writes:
>I got MacLayers running on a IBM RT with BSD4.3 and my SE/30 at home. It is
>a nice package. But I have a little problem with it. Everytime I start the
>MacLayers on my mac, I have to reset the baud rate to 2400. It's kind of
>anoying although I can live with it. Is there any way I could save the
>setting in a file any load it up next time I start the MacLayers?
>
>Thanks in adavance.
>
>Answer in email please. I will summarize if there is enough interest.
>
>Guangliang He
>
>ghe@PHYSICS.ORST.EDU
>hegl@ORSTVM.BITNET

Well there is a little work around.  Start up Maclayers by double
clicking, then make all the necessary setup changes and then quit
MacLayers.  It will ask if you would like to save the test and the
settings.  Save this, and next time double click on this file to start
up with the saved settings.  This apparantly saved the last login
session as well for me, and everytime I use this the old text shows up.
I do not know of the proper way.  Well I actually think ther is none,
but would love to be proven wrong.

Haseen.