[comp.sys.mac.comm] Compuserve

rsvp@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (R. Scott V. Paterson) (05/07/90)

What are the monthly costs of compuserve?

Thanks

bruceh@mentor.com (Bruce Holm) (05/07/90)

From article <21896@dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU>, by rsvp@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (R. Scott V. Paterson):
> What are the monthly costs of compuserve?

$1.50 minimum for their standard (non-Executive) Service.

Hourly rates are in the $12/hr range for off-hours (non-prime)
using a 1200 baud modem.  Some of their special services add
sur-charges to this rate, such as their Airline Reservation
service.

--Bruce
--
** These are my opinions, & not necessarily those of Mentor Graphics Corp. **
Bruce Holm, Design/Analysis Div. /  (503) 626-7000

davew@hp-ptp.HP.COM (Dave_Waller) (05/08/90)

For basic service, there are no monthly charges, only connect charges.
Last time I checked, 1200/2400 Baud was about $12/hour.

Dave Waller  \  The opinions expressed are solely my own, and in no way
Hewlett-Packard Co.  \  represent those of my employer (but we all know
dave@hpdstma.ptp.hp.com | hplabs!hpdstma!dave  \  they should!)

drc@claris.com (Dennis Cohen) (05/08/90)

bruceh@mentor.com (Bruce Holm) writes:

>From article <21896@dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU>, by rsvp@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (R. Scott V. Paterson):
>> What are the monthly costs of compuserve?

>$1.50 minimum for their standard (non-Executive) Service.

>Hourly rates are in the $12/hr range for off-hours (non-prime)
>using a 1200 baud modem.  Some of their special services add
>sur-charges to this rate, such as their Airline Reservation
>service.

Just to clarify the above, it is $12.50/hr any time for 1200 or 2400 baud
access -- "prime time" hasn't existed for over a year.

--
Dennis Cohen
Claris Corp.