[comp.sys.mac.comm] White Knight: How convert CR to CRLF?

jdsb@occrsh.ATT.COM (John_Babcock) (06/04/90)

     How do I convert CR to CR/LF for text files I download from
a Unix machine?  I cannot find it in the manual.  All my text
files arrive as one long line.  Thanks!
* John Babcock           att!occrsh!jdsb
* AT&T Network Systems   jdsb@occrsh.att.com
* Oklahoma City, OK      Disclaimer:  I speak on my own, not as AT&T.

ngg@bridge2.ESD.3Com.COM (Norman Goodger) (06/05/90)

In article <810@occrsh.ATT.COM> jdsb@occrsh.ATT.COM (John_Babcock) writes:

>     How do I convert CR to CR/LF for text files I download from
>a Unix machine?  I cannot find it in the manual.  All my text
>files arrive as one long line.  Thanks!

	You want to create a file transfer filter that translates 010 to
	013 when viewed with the ascii code settings. Then in the file
	transfer options dialog, select use filter. Be sure to turn this
	off when downloading other files, as it could cause problems with
	other regular Binary files transfers.

--
Norm Goodger				SysOp - MacInfo BBS @415-795-8862
3Com Corp.				Co-SysOp FreeSoft RT - GEnie.

drew@cup.portal.com (Andrew E Wade) (06/10/90)

Similar question:
How to convert CR to CRLF (for transferring to PC) and vice versa?
The filter seems to only translate one character to another.  Here I need
to translate 1 character (CR) to two characters (CRLF)?
There is an option (cmdOM) "Return key sends CR and LF" -- is that related?
Doesn't sound like it would work for CR embedded in file transfer.

If not available within White Knight, are there utilities to do this
translation?

Thanks for your help!

-Drew Wade
drew@objy.com