[comp.sys.mac.comm] New implementation of uucp/UUPC for Mac

elk@shawnee.cis.ohio-state.edu (Edwin L King) (06/29/90)

  A few months ago, someone put out a call for beta-testers for a new
implementation of uucp for the Mac. Supposedly it was an easy-to-use
MacLike interface, far superior to the old standard UUPC for the Mac.
  Has anybody heard anything about it recently? If it is even half as
good as advertised, I'm practically rabid for a copy. Any word on when
it will be out of beta-testing?

Please reply to
elk@cis.ohio-state.edu

Thanks!

                                    not a sig

jones@optilink.UUCP (Marvin Jones) (06/30/90)

In article <81770@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu>, elk@shawnee.cis.ohio-state.edu (Edwin L King) writes:
>   Has anybody heard anything about it recently? If it is even half as
> good as advertised, I'm practically rabid for a copy. Any word on when
> it will be out of beta-testing?

Supposedly i am on the announcement list, but haven't heard anything yet.
"Rabid" .... I can relate; good choice of words.
I have the author's email address at home.  Let me know if you want it.

 === Marvin Jones === Optilink Corp. === Petaluma, CA === 707.795.9444 X206 ===
 === UUCP: {uunet, tekbspa, pyramid, pixar}!optilink!jones ====================
 === CIS: 71320,3637 or 71320.3637@compuserve.com === AOL: mjones =============
--

mha@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Mark H. Anbinder) (07/02/90)

In article <81770@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> <elk@cis.ohio-state.edu> writes:

>  A few months ago, someone put out a call for beta-testers for a new
>implementation of uucp for the Mac. Supposedly it was an easy-to-use
>MacLike interface, far superior to the old standard UUPC for the Mac.
>  Has anybody heard anything about it recently? If it is even half as
>good as advertised, I'm practically rabid for a copy. Any word on when
>it will be out of beta-testing?

When that call for beta-testers went out, I was one of the people who was
just barely too late... the author replied that he'd passed his limit
and didn't need any more testers.  I haven't heard anything since.

Being as impatient as you are, though, I didn't wait.  I ran into a
developer who was putting together a UUCP to QuickMail gateway, became
an early beta tester, and have been using the product happily for a
few months now.

The product is UMCP\QM, and it's from Information Electronics, which
can be reached at 607-257-5840, or by e-mail at infoelect@rubicon.uucp.
I heartily recommend it!  (Note that they're the same folks who just
released QMConcierge, mail forwarding for QuickMail.)

Feel free to ask me any questions about the product, or get in touch
with them directly.

--
Mark H. Anbinder  Memory Alpha BBS 607-257-5822 ** mha@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu
BAKA Computers                                  ** ...!batcomputer!memory!mha