[comp.sys.mac.comm] NCSA Telnet -> can't ftp twice in same session ?

18215MES@MSU.BITNET (07/03/90)

Hi Netters!   :-)  (love those smileys!)

I can't seem to ftp to my MAC and successfully log in more than
once before I have to quit and start over...
Lets see.
1 ftp to mac and log in -- no problem
2. type bye - back to  unix box.
3. try ftp to mac again, password not accepted this time?
4. quit NCSA telnet
5. Start NCSA telnet again, and ftp to mac ok this time etc

Any ideas ?

DOes this make sense,,, Am I explaining this problem ok - I hope?

it is minor I know, and DAMN I sure appreciate the folks who
write this software, but hey guys, think you can fix this little
problem? (or is it something stupid I forgot to do again? )

bye for now, and thanks, Mark Sartor, MSU, E. lansing Mi.

dees@sid.sps.mot.com (Randy Dees) (07/03/90)

In article <41818215MES@MSU>, 18215MES@MSU.BITNET writes:
> Hi Netters!   :-)  (love those smileys!)
>
> I can't seem to ftp to my MAC and successfully log in more than
> once before I have to quit and start over...
> Lets see.
> 1 ftp to mac and log in -- no problem
> 2. type bye - back to  unix box.
> 3. try ftp to mac again, password not accepted this time?
> 4. quit NCSA telnet
> 5. Start NCSA telnet again, and ftp to mac ok this time etc

after you log in, do you do any 'cd's or reset the transfer directory?
if you do, Telnet probably cannot find your password file.
you can correct this by putting the password file in the system folder
or by hard coding the complete path to the password file in the
config.tel file.
--
-<(randy dees)>-
dees@sid.sps.mot.com   or