[comp.sys.mac.comm] z protocols

a427@mindlink.UUCP (Ian Upright) (07/12/90)

Does anyone know of any program to use that will transfer in z protocol?
My problem is that I use a networked modem and to access the modem
through the printer port.  Zterm, as far as I can see, does not allow
the user to change the port used.

If you go under the Settings menu and select Global Settings in Zterm 0.85,
there are some radio buttons that allow you to change the port where the modem
is.
L8ter.
Ian Upright.

ph1c+@andrew.cmu.edu (Peter Nikitas Handrinos) (07/12/90)

Does anyone know of any program to use that will transfer in z protocol?
My problem is that I use a networked modem and to access the modem
through the printer port.  Zterm, as far as I can see, does not allow
the user to change the port used.

Pete

rapickering@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu (07/15/90)

In article <2419@mindlink.UUCP>, a427@mindlink.UUCP (Ian Upright) writes:
> Does anyone know of any program to use that will transfer in z protocol?
> My problem is that I use a networked modem and to access the modem
> through the printer port.  Zterm, as far as I can see, does not allow
> the user to change the port used.
>
> If you go under the Settings menu and select Global Settings in Zterm 0.85,
> there are some radio buttons that allow you to change the port where the modem
> is.
> L8ter.
> Ian Upright.

Well, White Knight has a really nice full featured terminal emulator and
transfers in x, y, z, and kermit protocols.

    I posted upgrade patches for White Knight a long time ago to
comp.mac.binaries.  The current commercial version is I believe 11.02
However, through America Online you can upgrade to 11.07.

    It's a very nice program with lots of features, around $100 from MacConn.

                           -Rob