[comp.sys.mac.comm] What's new in WK 11.07/ftp patches?

ireland@ac.dal.ca (07/14/90)

I've heard that there is a new version of White Knight (11.07).  I'm still
using WK 11.04.  What's new in 11.07 and is there at ftp site where the
patches can be obtained?

Thanks, Keith@ac.dal.ca

drew@cup.portal.com (Andrew E Wade) (07/15/90)

WK 11.07 contains bug fixes to 11.0x (x<7).  It can be obtained from
FreeSoft (publishers of White Knight) and on many BBS's, including
GEnie (which I don't use, but apparently the author of WK does).
I heard the bug fixes have to do with zmodem, and maybe with sending
getting confused when auto-receive was set.  With my 11.02 I never saw
any problems, but I upgraded anyway.

BTW:  There is now an 11.08, I just noticed.

One BBS that has it is MacInfo, (415) 795-8862.  You can call directly
and it will explain how to use it.  You'll need the program updater
(PUP) and the appropriate file 11.0x->11.07 (x=4 for you), in the
comm section (or still in the new uploads section?).  Then, you
can also get 11.07->11.08, too.

If you like and use MacInfo, send in your $30.  But feel free to try
it out -- you'll just be limited to 30 min./da.  and limited downloads
per upload.

-Drew Wade
drew@objy.com

magik@chinet.chi.il.us (Ben Liberman) (07/15/90)

In article <1787@ac.dal.ca> ireland@ac.dal.ca writes:
>I've heard that there is a new version of White Knight (11.07).  I'm still
>using WK 11.04.  What's new in 11.07 and is there at ftp site where the
>patches can be obtained?
>
>Thanks, Keith@ac.dal.ca

The latest version is 11.08.  Upgrade patches are downloadable from GEnie
in the Freesoft library.
--
	------------    ------------   ----------------------
	Ben Liberman    USENET         magik@chinet.chi.il.us

drew@cup.portal.com (Andrew E Wade) (07/15/90)

OK.  Here's a better answer to "what's new in WK 11.07?" -- the doc. that
comes with the upgrade.  Enjoy.
-Drew Wade
drew@objy.com
-------------------------
New As Of 11.07
---------------

1) Control characters can now be embedded in the VT emulation Answerback
string, just as they are in a Macro Key string (to send a carriage return,
which is CONTROL-M, you would put in a caret character, followed by the
letter M - like this: ^M).  Note that unlike a Macro Key string, the
combinations ^!, ^@, ^#, and ^$ have no meaning in the Answerback string.

Example:  I want my Answerback string to contain the word "HELLO" followed
by a CONTROL-C character, followed by the word "THERE", followed by a
carriage return.  In the dialog box brought up by choosing Customize->
VT Modes, I would enter the following in the Answerback Message item:
HELLO^CTHERE^M

2) Fixed bug that was not lining up characters in the proper column in VT
emulation when an addition font (see pages 249-250 in White Knight manual)
was being used.  This fix will allow the use of IBM character set fonts in
VT emulation to support those BBS systems that rely on this character set.

3) Fixed bug in printer control in VT102 emulation that could cause double
spacing of lines consisting of exactly 80 characters.

4) Fixed bug in Host Mode with SENDX, SENDY, SENDZ, SENDK, and SENDF
commands.  If "Auto-receive" is turned on in the Customize->Options-File
Transfer dialog box on both machines and there is some sort of error
(e.g. "File Not Found", "Unknown Volume", etc.) the auto-receive would
incorrectly start the file transfer on the receiver's end before the error
message was sent.  This has been corrected.

5) Added tolerance for those VT102 applications that use backspacing during
auto-print sequences to do double-striking (boldfacing) on the printed page.
You won't get double-striking, but the printout will otherwise appear
correctly.

6) Fixed VT102 bug during auto-print that allowed one too many characters to
be printed on a line before automatically wrapping around.

7) Fixed bug that could cause crash with Suitcase (most notably) when
bringing up High Level Printing Options dialog box the second time.

8) Fixed bug where if a keyboard shortcut (example: Shift-Option-F for Full
Duplex) were chosen when the General Status Bar was selected but also
hidden, the Serial Port Settings portion would suddenly become un-hidden.

9) Eliminated auto-start "feedback" when sending ZMODEM that could cause
sending White Knight to incorrectly first jump into "Receiving File Via
ZMODEM Protocol" routine.

10) Fixed bug in CONTAINS Procedure command where YES/NO flag was not being
set to NO (if it were previously set to YES) when STR_VAR was empty.

11) Fixed bug that could cause crash if a Settings File or Procedure File
with a pathname of more than 80 characters were entered in a Phonebook
listing.

12) If a delay between redials is specified, you can now cancel the
redialing during the delay period.

13) The "Time/Date Header" at the top of printed files (if selected) was
excluding the time.

rad@genco.uucp (Bob Daniel) (07/17/90)

In article <1787@ac.dal.ca> ireland@ac.dal.ca writes:
>I've heard that there is a new version of White Knight (11.07).  I'm still
>using WK 11.04.  What's new in 11.07 and is there at ftp site where the
>patches can be obtained?

Actually, WK 11.08 was just released.  The upgrade is available through
the FreeSoft RoundTable on GEnie or is available directly from FreeSoft.

schaerer@gorgo.ifi.unizh.ch (07/17/90)

from rad@genco.uucp (Bob Daniel):
>Actually, WK 11.08 was just released.  The upgrade is available through
>the FreeSoft RoundTable on GEnie or is available directly from FreeSoft.

I have no access to GEnie. Is there any ftp site carrying the patches?
(All I have is 11.01, the one which came through comp.sys.mac a while ago)

Thanks in advance.
---
Daniel Schaerer, University of Zurich/Switzerland

rterry@hpcupt1.HP.COM (Ray Terry) (07/18/90)

> I have no access to GEnie. Is there any ftp site carrying the patches?
> (All I have is 11.01, the one which came through comp.sys.mac a while ago)

The patches have been submitted to sumex, but they usually take forever to
become available...  Check there is a couple weeks and maybe you can get them.

Ray

Ray Terry      GEnie = R.Terry      CIS = 71150,735      HPDesk = /HP4700
Domain = rterry@hpda.cup.hp.com    SysOp = MacScience BBS 408-866-4933
Packet = N6PHJ @ N6IIU.#NOCAL.CA.USA  UUCP = sun!hpda!hpcupt1!rterry
UFGate = ...!apple!camphq!36!ray.terry