[comp.sys.mac.comm] Need POP3 client

mosemann@hoss.unl.edu (Russell Mosemann) (07/21/90)

   We are looking for a POP3 client (preferably public domain) in order
to access the POP3 server on a local host.  Any leads, ftp addresses and
the like would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Russell Mosemann
Computer Resource Center
University of Nebraska - Lincoln
Internet: mosemann@hoss.unl.edu

mlbarrow@athena.mit.edu (Michael L Barrow) (07/23/90)

In article <1990Jul20.195043.24934@hoss.unl.edu> mosemann@hoss.unl.edu
(Russell Mosemann) writes:
>    We are looking for a POP3 client (preferably public domain) in order
> to access the POP3 server on a local host.  Any leads, ftp addresses and
> the like would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

There is a package used here at MIT called TechMail. This mail package is
used by client Macs connected to the campus IP network through Ethernet
cards, Gator Boxes, or FastPaths and MacTCP. It allows one to send/receive
mail with a dedicated POP server to store the mail, etc.

If you have any questions, I can try to get you the answers (I know the
author and development team personally). The software & docs are available
in BinHex 4.0 format from net-dist.mit.edu (18.72.0.3) in the directory
/pub/TechMail.

Enjoy and feel free to write me for more information.

-----
Michael L Barrow
mlbarrow@athena.mit.edu
MIT Information Services Consultant
MIT Project Athena Volunteer User Consultant
Member, Student Information Processing Board (SIPB)