[comp.sys.mac.comm] ZTerm hard drive lag

hookah@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (Jeffq) (07/24/90)

Every so often when I'm calling around with ZTerm .85, i will notice
after every new line there will be a quick little zap of sound from
my hard drive and the light will go on for a half a second; this isn't
bothering me, but when the screen scrolls it takes forever because it
keeps zapping to the hard drive each time a new line is put on the
bottom of the screen.  If I reboot I'm sure it'll go away, because it
happens to me a lot, but I am just in question as to why this is
happening and how I can KILL IT!  Any ideas?

-jq

In article <5386@darkstar.ucsc.edu> hookah@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (Jeffq) writes:
>Every so often when I'm calling around with ZTerm .85, i will notice
>after every new line there will be a quick little zap of sound from
>my hard drive and the light will go on for a half a second; this isn't
>bothering me, but when the screen scrolls it takes forever because it
>keeps zapping to the hard drive each time a new line is put on the
>bottom of the screen.
>Any ideas?

Turn off Virtual?  Or do the command to clear the scroll buffer (I'm using
VersaTerm, so I'm not sure exactly what that command is in ZTerm.)
][, ][+, ///, ///+, //e, //c, IIGS, //c+ --- Any questions?
		Hey!  Bush has NO LIPS!