[comp.sys.mac.comm] SilverServer and MNP modem

tarr-michael@CS.YALE.EDU (michael tarr) (08/13/90)

I have silverserver and a practical peripherals 2400SA MNP/5 modem. I am
trying to get SS to send it an initialization string. THe SS manual
states that I need the data carrier detect to be adjusted -- they are
unclear as to in what fashion. Anyone ever use this combo and know how
to make the thing work -- my guess is ss is looking for something to go
low since it comes back dandy if I turn off the modem -- it also is
happy to send the init string to another mac -- it just refuses to send
it to my modem.

Also anyone have any experience with using the MNP connect feature and
White Knight? I assume the mac to modem connection can be 9600 and the
phone line will be 2400?

--
 * Mike Tarr                                    The Human Neuron Project  *
 * tarr@cs.yale.edu                             Department of Psychology  *

mel@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Melchor A Meilchen) (08/13/90)

In article <25794@cs.yale.edu> tarr-michael@CS.YALE.EDU (michael tarr) writes:
>Also anyone have any experience with using the MNP connect feature and
>White Knight? I assume the mac to modem connection can be 9600 and the
>phone line will be 2400?

You need to set-up a hardware handshake cable.  Look in the 1/90
issue of MacUser.