[comp.sys.mac.comm] MacApp and Communications Toolbox

tim@efi.com (Tim Maroney) (08/10/90)

The subject line says it all.  Anyone come up with any MacApp documents
that use Comm. Toolbox?  Can it be done without modifying MacApp or
copying hundreds of lines from the TApplication methods to make a
subclass of TApplication?  Will Comm. Toolbox support become standard
in future MacApp versions?

austing@Apple.COM (Glenn L. Austin) (08/14/90)

tim@efi.com (Tim Maroney) writes:

>The subject line says it all.  Anyone come up with any MacApp documents
>that use Comm. Toolbox?  Can it be done without modifying MacApp or
>copying hundreds of lines from the TApplication methods to make a
>subclass of TApplication?  Will Comm. Toolbox support become standard
>in future MacApp versions?

MacTerminal 3.0 was written using MacApp.  I don't know about the future
of MacApp/CTB cooperation, but I assume that CTB will be in some future
version of MacApp, since it will be a standard part of the System Software,
but I may also be dreaming this entire conversation...

| Glenn L. Austin               | "Turn too soon, run out of room,          |
| Auto Racing Enthusiast and    |   Turn too late, much better fate"        |
| Communications Toolbox Hacker |   - Jim Russell Racing School Instructors |
| Apple Computer, Inc.          | "Drive slower, race faster" - D. Waltrip  |
| AppleLink:  AUSTIN.GLENN      | All opinions stated above are mine --     |
| Bellnet:    (408) 974-0876    |                who else would want them?  |